Iowa Cannabis Company is currently seeking a passionate Assistant Manager to join our team. Our team strongly believes that medical cannabidiol has significant potential to improve quality of life for thousands of patients across Eastern Iowa, and we are searching for like-minded, compassionate individuals to join our Waterloo location. The ideal candidate has complete open availability: Monday - Sunday, 9:30 am - 7:30 pm. Hours may expand depending on market demand.
The ideal candidate would have experience in a medical office setting, and/or sales, customer service or retail experience. Education in business and/or medical related fields is highly preferred.
Our Managers need to possess excellent coaching and management skills, effective written & verbal communication skills, and a solid foundation in business, sales and marketing.
In order to join our team, you must be able to successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a criminal background check.
- Coordinate and communicate operational functions to upper management and corporate
- Manage patient care administrators
- Provide feedback and coaching for staff members
- Ensure that all patients received outstanding customer service
- De-escalate escalated patients
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge on the proper potency and dosage for various medical conditions
- Educate patients about the product and application method.
- Provide direct service to customers, including financial transactions, proper entry into database, monitoring of product sold, and labeling purchased product.
- Dispense medicine accurately and efficiently through the combined use of innate math skills and of the point of Sale (POS) system and cash register.
- Maintain strict company controls over inventory and other dispensary assets.
- Maintain cleanliness of dispensary through regular dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, and other company sanitation protocols.
- Attend ongoing training as scheduled.
- Follow the Medical Cannabidiol Act.
- Resident of Iowa
- 1-3 years of customer service, retail experience, and/or experience in a medical office setting
- 1-3 years experience in a management role
- Must maintain a high level of customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to store personnel at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop personnel at all levels. We strongly believe in employee development and all members on staff must support and communicate with one another.
- Experience with hiring, training, compliance, and general bookkeeping are a significant plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize necessary tasks in order to accomplish goals.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- $37,000 - 45,000 DOE
On May 12, 2017, Governor Terry Branstad signed House File 524 into law, allowing use of medical cannabidiol to treat certain debilitating medical conditions. According to the Iowa Department of Public Health: "The Act provides that a person recommend, possess, use, dispense, deliver, transport, or administer cannabidiol if the recommendation, possession, use, dispensing, delivery, transporting, or administering is in accordance with chapter 124E of the Iowa Code." This law also allows patients and designated primary caregivers to possess cannabidiol and requires the recommendation of a board certified physician.
- Cancer (with severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, cachexia or severe wasting)
- Multiple Sclerosis with severe and persistent muscle spasms
- AIDS or HIV (as defined in section 141A.1)
- Crohn's disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Any terminal illness, with a probable life expectancy of under one year (if the illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting; cachexia or severe wasting)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Untreatable pain