Accounts Receivable Collections Clerk - Part Time
At C&F Enterprises Inc. we strive to learn, improve, and serve everyday. From our customers to our employees, we have been a business partner of choice in our community for over 40 years. Representing many different brands, we are proud to offer home decor that can showcase your personal style in every room of your home. At C&F Enterprises Inc. We are looking for individuals who enjoy a team oriented environment, can demonstrate individual resourcefulness with an entrepreneurial spirit - the foundation of our success! We hope you will decide to join our family of dedicated employees.
To support Accounting and Customer Service team members in daily tasks of accounts receivable collections and administrative tasks to support business demands; promote and implement the company's core values and excellence in customer service; responsible for maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from customers.
- Maintain accurate records about customer payment status, documenting daily collections activity.
- Review multiple reports to determine collections concerns, order, and account status.
- Issue dunning letters to overdue accounts.
- Expedite customer contacts to resolve credit card issues to process orders.
- Follow established collection techniques and procedures.
- Correspond with customers regarding overdue accounts and chargeback balances.
- Utilize computing skills and knowledge base to work on multiple computer systems.
- Assist with accounts receivable deposits, post payments, and other maintenance as needed.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding the status of their accounts and/or orders.
- Document, record, and file management based on department needs and security requirements.
- Support maintaining a safe working environment and focuses on safe work habits.
- Maintain a focus for self and team on continuous learning that will enhance skill sets and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to C&F Enterprises, Inc.'s core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Exceptional customer service capabilities
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office-Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable time-management, organizational, follow-up, and attention to detail skills
- Stress tolerance and ability to diffuse collections situations
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure
- Positive Energy Level
- Takes Initiative
- Sense of Urgency
- A high school diploma and/or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years or more years in accounts receivable, collections and/or similar field
- Proficient computer use skills including formulas, importing, exporting, inserting, formatting, and other intermediate use
- Must have excellent customer service, both written and verbal skills
- Must be strongly proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Adobe
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs
- Sitting, Standing, and Walking
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
- Carrying, Pushing, Pulling boxes and sample orders up to 40 lbs.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
C & F EnterprisesNewport News, VA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.