Inventory Control Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
To support the Inventory Control Manager and Warehouse team members in daily tasks of verifying, tracking, and maintaining inventory to support business demands; promote and implement the company's core values and excellence in customer service; responsible for maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Compile data from sources such as invoices, purchase orders, and accounting reports.
- Enter information into Warehouse Management System to maintain accurate inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records.
- Count material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and post totals to inventory records.
- Verify and compare clerical computations, a physical count of inventory, and system records. Adjust errors in computation or count.
- Compute figures from records such as sales orders, production records, pr purchase invoices to maintain current inventory.
- Prepare reports such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Allow for quick receiving/shipping of equipment to meet customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Supports maintaining a safe working environment and focuses on safe work habits.
- Maintains a focus for self and team on continuous learning that will enhance skill sets and growth opportunities.
- Ability to operate warehouse material handling equipment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to C&F Enterprises, Inc. core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Exceptional customer service capabilities
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office-Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable time-management, organizational, and attention to detail skills
- Excellent typing skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Positive Energy Level
- Customer Relationships
- Team Player
- Maintain stable performance under pressure
- Takes Initiative
- Time Management
- Sense of Urgency
- Problem Analysis
- A high school diploma and/or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more years in Logistics and Inventory Control Management
- Strong computer and data entry skills, required
- Must have excellent customer service, both written and verbal skills
- Must be strongly proficient in Microsoft Windows and Excel
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs
- Must have the ability to produce significant volume and work independently
- Sitting, Standing, and Walking
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
- Carrying, Pushing, Pulling boxes, and sample orders up to 75 lbs.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
C & F Enterprises Inc
AddressNewport News, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at C & F Enterprises Inc