Accounts Receivable and Collections Clerk
C & F Enterprises Inc Newport News, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To support Accounting and Customer Service team members in daily tasks of accounts receivable collections and administrative tasks to support business demands; promote and implement the company's core values and excellence in customer service; responsible for maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from customers.
- Maintain accurate records about customer payment status, documenting daily collections activity.
- Review multiple reports to determine collections concerns, order, and account status.
- Issue dunning letters to overdue accounts.
- Expedite customer contacts to resolve credit card issues to process orders.
- Follow established collection techniques and procedures.
- Correspond with customers regarding overdue accounts and chargeback balances.
- Utilize computing skills and knowledge base to work on multiple computer systems.
- Assist with accounts receivable deposits, post payments, and other maintenance as needed.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding the status of their accounts and/or orders.
- Document, record, and file management based on department needs and security requirements.
- Support maintaining a safe working environment and focuses on safe work habits.
- Maintain a focus for self and team on continuous learning that will enhance skill sets and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to C&F Enterprises, Inc.'s core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Exceptional customer service capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office-Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable time-management, organizational, follow-up, and attention to detail skills
- Stress tolerance and ability to diffuse collections situations
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Positive Energy Level
- Customer Relationships
- Team Player
- Maintain stable performance under pressure
- Takes Initiative
- Time Management
- Sense of Urgency
- Problem Analysis
- A high school diploma and/or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years or more years in accounts receivable, collections and/or similar field
- Proficient computer use skills including formulas, importing, exporting, inserting, formatting, and other intermediate use
- Must have excellent customer service, both written and verbal skills
- Must be strongly proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Adobe
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs
- Sitting, Standing, and Walking
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
- Carrying, Pushing, Pulling boxes and sample orders up to 40 lbs.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
C & F Enterprises Inc
AddressNewport News, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at C & F Enterprises Inc