Road Milling Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
C&S Sweeping Services, Inc., located in Central Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona, is a leader in providing milling, street sweeping, and specialized services in the western US for heavy-civil and heavy-highway contractors. We are searching for an experienced Wirtgen W2100 and ROADTEC RX900 Highway Asphalt Milling Machine Operator to join our team! Our family-owned and operated company has 28 years in Arizona and 46 years of employing excellent team members in the road maintenance industry. We specialize in roto-milling, pulverizing, and street sweeping for contractors. We are looking for individuals who are committed to excellence and want to excel and advance their careers. This full-time position is open immediately for qualified men or women candidates.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We offer a substantial benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid life insurance, paid sick time, paid vacation, and 401(k) employer match.
- Starting pay depends upon experience but typically ranges between $22.00 to $28.00 per hour. Overtime is not only possible; it can be frequent due to project needs: subcontractor schedules, delays due to weather, project time limits, and type of work.
- Ask for details about short-term work outside Phoenix, accommodations, and prevailing wages.
- Pay periods are weekly with direct deposit - use your bank.
- Additional benefits DOE.
Mill operators at C&S Sweeping work throughout Arizona and may be required to be on their projects from 4 to 6 days per week, depending upon many factors. Job location and travel times often require the Mill Operator to stay on or near their project 90% of the time. The candidate's MVR must not include violations for driving using a wireless device or a DUI in the past 5 years. For non-CDL drivers, we require a medical card within 30 days of employment.
- Supervise, lead and train crew members on milling operations.
- Must have a valid driver s license; a commercial driver's license is a bonus.
- Ability to safely operate milling machines and other heavy equipment.
- Travel within Arizona as required to and from job sites.
- Oversee and execute milling projects from start to finish.
- Plan, Organize, and Coordinate daily activities with Project Superintendent.
- Understand and implement best safety practices as required by company and customer policies.
- Performs maintenance on the mill and other machinery to prevent breakdowns.
- Welding skills for making repairs.
- Coordinating with trucking division for milling haul trucks.
- Calculate quantities & time required to complete projects.
- Thoroughly document any issues with equipment, subs, etc.
- Make reports and complete paperwork using a computer and software such as word, excel and email, etc.
- Set up and prepare milling machinery for mobilization to/from the job.
PLEASE NOTE: All positions at C&S Sweeping are considered safety-sensitive. These positions involve some aspect of a heightened danger requiring an employee's full and unimpaired skills and judgment to execute their job safely.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume on Indeed, Glassdoor, or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Physical address: 716 E. Tonto St. Phoenix, AZ 85034.
Mailing address: PO Box 24479 Phoenix, AZ 85074.
Office Phone: 252-9471
Visit www.candssweeping.com for more information about your future opportunity!
* C&S Sweeping prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. It affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. C&S Sweeping conforms to the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
ManufacturingView all jobs at C&S Sweeping