Come Join C&S as a Care Manager!
We are a growing company that is looking for LPN Care Managers to join our team. No weekends, holidays, or on-call required! With self-scheduling, you make your own schedule as long as you are available and flexible enough to follow visit timelines. We do not offer hands-on care to our clients; instead we educate them on their disease processes, diet, exercise, end of life planning, and assist with community and financial resources to increase independence. This is one of the most rewarding nursing fields you will find; don’t miss your calling!
Why Work Here?
We offer competitive pay, self-scheduling, and training to all our employees.
Responsibilities of the Care Manager Include but are Not Limited to:
Providing the best complex care management to our members; the frail, elderly, chronically ill, and/or functionally challenged. Our main goal is to help the member live their best lives in a safe home environment and prevent hospitalizations through education and support. Must be able work independently. Must be proficient with self scheduling, and independently able to maintain a weekly schedule.
Typical Duties of the Care Manager Include:
- Educate post-hospital members on discharge instructions, medication reconciliation, follow up appointments, and any resources to help the member transition successfully from the hospital setting back to their home environment.
- Conduct a member survey and work with the member to develop an individualized care plan. The survey may include obtaining medical and familial history, asking about of current level of physical ability, cognitive awareness, emotional status, determining member’s environmental safety at home, and discussing any financial or legal preparedness for end of life.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance and adhere to all company policies.
- Provide education on chronic disease processes to prevent hospitalizations.
- Ensure coordination of care between the members, their physicians, their home care team including home health services, and their appointed family members.
- Act as an advocate for members.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Complete documentation requirements accurately and within 24 hours.
- Help the member obtain outside resources to improve their quality of life including finding someone to assist with ramps or grab bars, helping to locate assistance with medication costs or utilities, ensuring member has transportation to/from doctor visits, showing the member where to apply for food stamps if needed, etc.
Requirements of the Care Manager:
- Must have an active, unrestricted license in the state where you reside.
- Must have a secure desktop or laptop computer with internet access and email; no Chromebooks or Tablets as they cannot support our navigation-assistance systems.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of car insurance, and access to a vehicle to complete home visits.
- Current negative TB test or able to obtain clearance.
- Must have availability to maintain a caseload of at least 10 in-home visits weekly.
- Must be willing to travel a 40 mile radius from your zip code, in any direction.
- Must have your LPN license for longer than 3 years.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in case management and/or geriatric home health