MICROSOFT OFFICE DIGITAL COACH (Adjunct)
- Posted: over a month ago
MICROSOFT OFFICE DIGITAL COACH (Adjunct)
About Byte Back
For nearly 25 years, Byte Back has been providing a pathway of inclusive and relevant tech training that leads to meaningful careers in the tech industry. As a leader in both digital inclusion and digital equity, we serve and train more than 1000 adults every year to help close the digital divide. Byte Back's Scholars are predominantly people of color, women, and unemployed or underemployed adults. 90% of Byte Back program participants do not have a college degree.
By the year 2025, nearly 85,000,000 jobs will be lost to automation, artificial intelligence, robotics, and machine learning. Most of those jobs are held by marginalized, underrepresented, and minority communities. Our mission is to close the digital divide by providing under-resourced communities an equitable pathway into the digital economy. We achieve this through transformative digital advocacy, digital literacy, and tech certification training. We exist to reskill these individuals to help them be marketable for 21st century jobs. On average, our graduates who are hired increase their annual earnings by more than $25,000. Byte Back believes everyone deserves an opportunity to reap the benefits that come from participating in the tech industry.
Byte Back's innovative approach and our leaders have been featured at SXSW, on TEDx, Good Morning Washington, "The Root 100," Washington Business Journal, Technic.ly, Voice of America, Washington Informer, NBC, and more. In 2022, we were named "Non-Profit of the Year" by DC Chamber of Commerce.
About the Opportunity
Byte Back is seeking an individual who loves sharing knowledge to join us as a Microsoft Office Digital Coach. You will be responsible for instructing our Microsoft Office Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook courses on an as needed basis. Courses can last anywhere from 2-7 weeks. Upon completing the course students should be equipped with the technical skills necessary to successfully navigate MS Office. The Microsoft Office Digital Coach will work collaboratively within the Programs department and report directly to the Education Coordinator.
About Your Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide hands-on, practical training to create an engaging learning environment for our scholars
- Nurture and guide scholars inside and outside of the classroom, encouraging them to practice on their own and complete their course
- Maintain high retention and completion rates among each cohort of student
- Think critically while instructing, looking for innovative ways to present the material more effectively for Byte Back scholars
- Ensure attendance is tracked daily
- Administer assessments and record scores.
- Administer end of class survey and pre-/post- tests in accordance with the curriculum.
- Provides referrals to scholars in need of additional training or tutoring to Byte Back's Tutoring program
- Escalate students in need of additional support services outside of training to the Education Coordinator or Scholar Success Advocate
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of additional computer training curricula and digital literacy classes based on your expertise and organization goals
About Your KSA's
- Fluent in MOS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- At least two years of work experience in the subject area
- Ability to manage a classroom of youth and/or adult learners
- Ability and willingness to teach in-person classes
- Experience using CRMs (Salesforce)
- Local resident of Detroit
- Certification in each (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
Adjunct (part-time) approximately 20-30 hours per week as needed.
Employee Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience
Byte Back provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, work assignments, and training.
Byte Back is led by people of color, women, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and our team is diverse. People of all races, colors, sexual orientations, ages, genders, abilities, national origins, and religions are encouraged to apply. We work to cultivate a safe work environment where you are valued as yourself and have equal opportunities to advance.
Think you have what it takes? Apply Now!
EducationView all jobs at Byte Back