- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Our Oshkosh, Wisconsin manufacturing client is looking to hire a Plant Engineer. The Plant Engineer will manage and coordinate plant capital projects at two WI facilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in industrial, chemical or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in manufacturing plants in areas of maintenance /process, utilities and facility management.
- Possess extensive technical skills and hands on experience in maintenance, and manufacturing activities.
- Knowledgeable in Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Value stream mapping, labor analysis, 5S 8 wastes, changeover reduction.
- Project engineering experience.
- Windows skills (Excel, Word, etc.), AutoCAD and or Solidworks.
- Good oral and written communication skills, team spirit, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented and autonomous.
- Dry blending and filling operations in pouch and bottle environments; preferred.
- Drive, develop, manage & own planning of plant and manufacturing capital projects, in collaboration with manufacturing, Quality and R&D teams, involving exploration of product and/or process problems, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
- Study production and machine requirements
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems
- Design and install equipment
- Organize and manage manufacturing workflows
- Integrate disparate systems
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance
- Find ways to reduce costs, maximize quality and safety
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors, and suppliers
- Upgrade systems and processes with new technology
- Develop business case justification for projects and initiatives.
- Develop tracking tools and measures to support initiatives.
- Identify, research, and adapt machine and equipment design to accommodate factory and production improvements including preparation of cost justification and capital request documents.
- Lead and drive projects with significant productivity and cost reduction impacts. Areas of focus are production, speed, quality and safety.
- Manage & own projects involving design and procurement of new equipment, specifying, evaluating, and recommending new technologies, strategies and methods that will benefit operations as needed.
- Lead and manage projects to accomplish measurable manufacturing objectives.
- Conduct time studies for time standard development, plant and process layout, optimizing product flow, equipment and labor utilization. Create an understanding of material flow and design optimized layouts. Assist in maintaining raw material specifications.
- Communication skills as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is a National Executive Recruiting Firm with over 30 years’ experience. Our goal is to help you find the perfect exact job match to move your career forward.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc.Oshkosh, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.