The Collector is to service the needs of our customers by accurately billing customer accounts, assuring timely remittance, and taking immediate action on issues that involve account integrity. The representative will also follow-up with payers to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform clerical duties as assigned and answer questions to insurance companies.
- Documents activities in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in an efficient accurate and timely manner
- Ensures billing activity is handled correctly
- Evaluates and secures the needed prescriptions, PAs and medical justifications to facilitate payment of claims for initial and review/appeals payments
- Prepares and reviews clean claims for submission to various insurances either electronically or by paper
- Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues regarding accounts
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES FOR ASSOCIATE COLLECTOR - MEDICAL:
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to practice proper phone and email etiquette
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances i.e. HCPC/ICD-9 codes
- Ability to edit and resubmit claims for payment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook
- Conducts routine tasks as directed; works under clearly defined guidelines
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two years of equivalent experience
- One or more years of Customer Service experience preferred
- Candidates with combined experience of front desk duties and billing will be considered (2 years).
- Basic skills with a moderate level of proficiency; consult with senior peers on non-complex projects
Why Work Here?Byram has been a national leader in the disposable medical supply delivery since 1968. We provide quality supplies, services, and support, specializing in diabetes, ostomy, wound care, urology and incontinence supplies. We also specialize in enteral nutrition products as well. Our wide array of products along with our superior service in a complex healthcare market is why more people are choosing Byram Healthcare for their disposable medical supply needs.
National Company, Great Benefits, Supportive Team, Growth Opportunity