Part of an IT support team, the Service Desk Analyst answers incoming calls from customers and resolves technical issues, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity; handles ~ 60+calls/day with regard to all areas of IT infrastructure and applications, works with various internal support groups to escalate complex high priority/high impact issues, as well as ensure a high degree of customer service and customer focus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers and resolves inbound incidents at a large corporate help desk, efficiently and professionally, in a high volume call center environment that operates 5 days a week.
- Manages the resolution of inbound incidents; balancing the need for customer service and issue resolution with the constraints of a call handle time goal.
- Translates complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers.
- Demonstrates a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Diagnoses hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, WLAN and VPN access in a Windows 7 environment, offering a variety of level 1 solutions over the phone. Using remote control tools assists customers when needed.
- Troubleshoots corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed; provides feedback on technical documentation for publication in Knowledge Base.
- Monitors the help desk queue and ensures tickets are resolved before the exceeded target completion date/time, or to the customer's satisfaction.
- Accurately, quickly, and typing efficiently records all interactions with customers in an incident management tracking tool.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions.
- Meets or exceeds statistical metrics regarding; ticket and call quality (accuracy), first call resolution, schedule adherence, and call handle time.
- Adheres to policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding of protected information, such as personal health information (PHI/PII) and access to corporate systems.
- Escalates high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams.
- Adheres to a strongly regimented schedule (start/end times, lunches, breaks, off phone time, etc.).
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3+ years of related Technical Support, Help Desk, or Service Desk experience in an IT setting
- Experience working with a knowledge base or knowledge tool
- Experience using and supporting IP phone systems
- Experience troubleshooting remote access tools (VPN) and general connectivity (LAN/WAN) issues by phone
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook) and handheld devices
- Experience in a large corporate environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Able to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service focus
- Able to be self-motivated and directed, to effectively prioritize and execute task in a high pressure environment
- Able to build rapport with a variety of personality types and users at all levels
- Able to communicate to and work with senior management and end users
- Strong working knowledge of remote access security techniques and products
- Email architecture, services and protocols, Outlook configurations
- Citrix, VPN Client and Web
- Familiarity with Blackberry, iPhone, Android, and airCard/hotspot mobile devices TCP/IP, internet, intranet, Cisco VPN and firewall technologies
- Exposure to or knowledge of ITIL practices
- Effective candidates will have shown at least two years of experience resolving technical issues over the phone, demonstrated troubleshooting and technical ability, and an ability to effectively communicate technical solutions to non-technical customers.
- Little or no traveling required
- Must be willing to work extended hours, nights or weekends when necessary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin physical or mental handicap, disability, age or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.