Byram has been a national leader in disposable medical supply delivery since 1968. Byram provides quality supplies, services and support, specializing in diabetes supplies, ostomy supplies, wound care supplies, urology supplies, incontinence supplies and enteral nutrition products. In 2017, Byram was acquired by Owens & Minor (NYSE: OMI), a global healthcare services company, to expand the organization’s ability to serve the continuum of care into the patient’s home. Byram Healthcare, an Owens & Minor company, is more prepared than ever to tackle the challenging, changing healthcare landscape. Byram Healthcare is here to deliver the products, services, and support needed to maximize clinical outcomes and manage complicated benefits.
The Billing Liaison Manager will develop efficient work procedures, recommendations for ongoing process improvement, and coordinate with Reimbursement and Operations management to meet billing and collection goals for the company. They will analyze and expedite the release of orders and invoices to assist in providing a positive overall customer experience. They will also coordinate and perform activities associated with maintenance, development, and fostering of relationships between our customers and Byram Healthcare. They will Serve as the subject matter expert and point of contact for customers with billing questions and concerns
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify and resolve customer concerns such as billing disputes and collections discrepancies by partnering with the reimbursement and collection teams.
- Monitors the service levels of the department on a daily basis including; number of lost calls answered within 30 seconds, percent of calls abandoned, etc. and makes staffing level adjustments as appropriate.
- Receive and process customer account payments in addition to placing re-orders
- Maintain excellent customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct routine tasks as directed; works under clearly defined guidelines
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed
- Develop training for direct reports to increase productivity
- Effectively manage and coordinate all activities relating to the Call Center.
- Manage the work efforts of the supervisors and individual contributors
- Participate in the hiring, firing process as well as performance appraisals and pat reviews
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 6 plus years’ experience with one year of leadership responsibility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with the interpretation of insurance benefits and possess the ability to explain insurance benefits to others
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurances and healthcare procedure coding system (HCPCS)
- Analytic problem solver who is able to address areas of conflict independently
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin physical or mental handicap, disability, age or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.