Outside Plant Field Engineer
Byers Engineering - East Coast Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Entry Level Fielder position
Outside Plant Field Engineer
· Interact with internal & external customers and represent our Company and our Client in a professional manner
· Analyze plant records and determine work to be done
· Take field notes for the design of work in aerial, buried, underground, and building applications
· Prepare work order construction prints, and records posting in the completion of assigned work
· Taking aerial and buried field measurements, pole attachment heights and various field surveys.
· Previous experience working with utility companies doing cable locating or doing similar work is preferred but not required
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and possess a valid drivers’ license
· Manage a workload and complete due dated work
· Act as interface to external customers on the clients behalf to effectively negotiate service requirements and time frames on existing, future, or unique undertakings
· Coordinate with other entities (utilities, governmental agencies, contractors, developers, etc.) to determine proper and efficient placement of potentially shared/joint use facilities
· Adhere to all Company Safety practices & policies
· no supervisory responsibilities
· Work in a TEAM environment
· Work a schedule that parallels the hours of the work schedule of our customer
· Work outside in all kinds of weather
· Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions require
· Dress in a business casual manner
· Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Industrial Technology, or related field is preferred, OR Telecom, Engineering, or Drafting completed courses and diploma from a technical school or community college, OR Experience in a related field
· Qualify on pre-employment screening
· Obtain satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening
· Able to be trained in ongoing telecommunications OSP design and engineering practices
· Possess a valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record
· Have reliable transportation - uses personal vehicle to preform Fielding
· Possess STRONG communication & PEOPLE skills
· Demonstrate good defensive driving skills
Byers Engineering - East CoastWhy Work Here?
Strong engineering firm that has been around for 50 years offering room for growth, flexible work hours and great work/life balance.
For over 40 years, Byers Engineering Company has focused on providing to the communications, utility and electric industries high-quality engineering services and geospatial software solutions. Our innovative solutions and services help you offer a competitive advantage by enhancing productivity and improving customer service.