Real Estate Development Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are
Buyk is a new real-time retail service that delivers groceries within 15 minutes. Via the Buyk app, customers simply select the items they'd like from our assortment, click "Order" – and we do the rest, with your order arriving on your doorstep in 15 minutes or less.
We know that your time is precious, and you want to spend it doing something truly important – whether that's working on a new project, spending time with family and loved ones, or simply kicking back to enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation. Now, Buyk takes care of your shopping, while you take care of yourself.
How does it work?
Buyk is much more than a well-oiled, genius logistical system. Behind the curtain, a multimillion-dollar software system, combined with artificial intelligence and a meticulously selected product assortment, provides for a streamlined shopping experience, eliminating time-consuming browsing through irrelevant items.
We use our darkstores, stocked with between 2-3000 items to deliver groceries and other essentials to customers' doors within 15 mins. These darkstores are strategically located to enable maximum coverage in the quickest possible time and are fitted out with Buyk's proprietary technology to optimize the speed of order picking and delivery. Buyk's technology also provides its teams with detailed information on a hyperlocal level, to ensure each darkstore is stocked according to the specific needs and desires of consumers in that area.
To give our customers back the one thing that is truly valuable - their time. Life isn't for waiting in line to check out or spending hours each week running back and forth between stores. Instead, it should be spent doing things we truly love. Buyk takes away the burden of the shopping experience, giving you the time needed to live your best life.
Buyk – making real-time retail a reality.
What we're looking for?
A Senior Real Estate Manager to help us with our growth in managing the search for new retail store locations as well as maintaining our existing retail stores. You will be highly analytical with strong process orientation and possessing experience in retail real estate leasing venues. This is an exciting time for Buyk as we set up for explosive growth. This person would have the opportunity to help us set the standard for how our locations are found, set up, and maintained.
What you'll do:
- Strategically plan the real estate rollout of the network of retail and small warehouse stores in assigned cities; being the subject-matter expert responsible for Buyk's expansion in the market
- Build a robust pipeline of space opportunities through a developed site selection process, utilizing your network and innate resourceful nature
- Work alongside brokers and landlords to optimize reaching goals on-time
- Liaise with senior leadership team surrounding site presentations, deal situations, and goal pacing
- Negotiate complex lease and legal agreements
- Correspond with the Construction team relating to site conditions.
- Coordination of related tasks within the full cycle of store openings with other departments such as Construction, Legal, Operations, and Marketing.
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience facilitating retail property leasing within major urban areas
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency in identifying, sourcing, and managing regionally-based third-party leasing specialists (e.g. real estate brokers) located within a specific region of the US.
- Knowledge of requirements of state authorities and territorial legislation for stores to be opened
- Effectively communicate expectations, requirements, and status of projects to key business partners – both internal and external
What we Expect from you:
- Effective strategy, communication, & negotiation skills
- Able to deliver in a competitive, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate market in the market he/she will be serving
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial real estate market and commercial leasing;
- Effective project & team management ability
- A track record of success working with large growth initiatives as it pertains to retail/commercial real estate development & expansion.
**This position will involve travel to cities as Buyk continues its growth!
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO Plan
- Commuter Benefits
Buyk celebrates the diversity of its employees and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based solely on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Real EstateView all jobs at Buyk