BuyBackWorld is seeking an experienced Customer Care Representative & E-Commerce assistant to help with all in-house customer service related tasks, including but not limited to: customer service emails for BuyBackWorld.com, Customer Service Management software (ZenDesk), live chat support, telephone support, mail room support, E-commerce marketplace support, and customer service emails for sales-side support. The Customer Care Representative should have a minimum of one year's prior experience working in customer service email support positions, preferably with an e-commerce or internet focus.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience providing written Customer Support via email and/or a platform messaging system.
The Customer Care Representative will join our Logistics Center in Edgewood (border of Deer Park and Brentwood), NY. BuyBackWorld's logistics center is located in the Heartland Business Center across the street from the Deer Park train station. S27 Bus line stops inside the complex. It is also easily accessible by car from all major highways (LIE, Sagtikos, NSP, SSP) and offers ample parking.
- Candidate must be available to work full time Monday through Saturday (5 day / 40 hour week schedule) with no exceptions.
- General hours for the Administrative Department are 9:00am -- 5:00pm EST
- Minimum of one year work experience in a customer service role with EMAIL SUPPORT
- Excellent customer service, computer & writing skills
- Problem solving Skills - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills - the Candidate speaks clearly and confidently, and with empathy and understanding of the customer's situation, whether positive or negative
- Written communication - the Candidate edits work for spelling and grammar and can calculate basic numerical data
- Adaptability and Dependability -- must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage demands and able to deal with unexpected events while showing up to work on time
- Must be positive, goal-oriented and able to work well independently or on a team
- Experience with ZenDesk, live chat, telephone support, or other related service tracking systems a plus, but not required. Experience with online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon and E-Commerce shopping platforms (BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, etc) is also preferred.
Daily Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides timely follow-up and resolution to customer issues via email / messages
- Resolves issues according to BuyBackWorld.com policies
- Quickly and efficiently escalates non-routine issues per defined escalations policies
- Educates customers and inquirers on BuyBackWorld.com products, services and policies
- Assists customers with BuyBackWorld.com procedures, general inquiries, pricing, and how BuyBackWorld.com works.
- Assist other departments are needed, such as Marketing, Quality Control and Shipping
- Enter detailed information into the company CRM system for all issues handled
1. Strong commitment to the Company's Quality Control Policy.
2. Respect of and adhere to the Company's Confidentiality Policy.
3. Maintain a courteous and professional approach with all customers and fellow employees.
4. Demonstrate a strong commitment to the implementation of all Company policies and procedures.
5. Respond to management needs in relation to the customer's account and activity.
In general, we are looking for team members who:
- Are upbeat, positive, and want to be part of a high energy / high performing, but fun work environment
- Are detailed and analytical
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Have a good work ethic, with a history of reliability and punctuality
- Want a chance to learn, grow and not only be a part of, but influence a work environment
- Minimum of one years experience in a customer service or E-Commerce role with written support