Marketing Communications Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Our headquarters are in Fort Worth, TX, but this role is fully remote! (Options for in-office or hybrid work are also available.)
Buxton is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to support marketing and public relations efforts, specifically in our Healthcare vertical. In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Marketing Communications to plan, write, and produce content designed to showcase Buxton’s expertise in the consumer intelligence technology industry.
Buxton is the leader in customer intelligence solutions and technology. We use science to identify, track, measure, and predict everything about customer behavior all over the globe. We build technology that makes this customer intelligence easily accessible to our clients, empowering them to make the best growth investments possible.
We are a trusted partner for many of the most well-respected, healthcare, retail, restaurant, private equity, financial services, hospitality, city government, property owner, developer, and broker companies across the US and internationally.
What you’ll do
- Content Marketing – Plan and write content to establish Buxton as a thought leader in the consumer intelligence technology industry. This includes the following:
- Writing blogs, case studies, brochures, product materials, whitepapers, sales support materials, newsletters, emails, marketing campaign materials, etc.
- Developing topic ideas for webinars and coordinating with other team members to produce the event
- Maintaining Buxton’s library of existing content to ensure it is up to date as products and industries evolve
- Collaborating with Manager of Demand Generation to build a robust content strategy inclusive of brand content
- Public Relations – Identify and coordinate opportunities to further establish Buxton as a thought leader through earned media, speaking engagements, and awards
- Social Media – Support the daily management of Buxton’s paid and organic social media presence by identifying relevant content, writing and scheduling posts, and monitoring metrics to improve performance over time
- Advertising – Work with the Director of Marketing Communications to identify ad placement opportunities that reach our target audience, write ad copy, and coordinate with the design team to produce ads on an as-needed basis
- Project Management – Ability to see a vision for items needed in this vertical alongside Director, bring the resources to the table and project manage the visions through to completion. Develop thorough creative briefs to outline all necessary parts of a project and provide all involved a clear outline of what’s needed and timing expectations. Manage complex communications project workflows that require content strategy coordination and authorship from individuals across departments. Work closely with all marketing teams (Brand, Product, Demand Generation) to ensure consistency in brand representation and messaging across channels and to amplify the reach of our existing content and campaigns.
- Relationship Management - Manage relationships between strategic marketing partners and internal teams to effectively execute the marketing and communications strategies and media plan
- Brand Management - Assist in ensuring the department is in adherence with the protection of the company’s copyright and visual quality standards. You will be responsible for executing the brand strategy in the healthcare vertical.
- Events Management – Working with the Director, identify events that further the brand’s reputation in the healthcare vertical, as well as coordinate the details of the event, sometimes including attendance.
- Analytics – As an analytics company, we study the data we have to make informed decisions. You need to demonstrate a basic level of analytics/analytical thinking in order to support our decisions on content to prioritize.
What you'll bring
- 2-4 years of marketing communications or public relations experience, B2B and SaaS experience preferred, agency experience a plus
- Deep knowledge of the Healthcare industry, including relevant topics and key players
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in easy-to-understand language
- Strong understanding of content marketing principles and strategy
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task while maintaining a solution-oriented, growth mindset
- Proficient in project management with heightened attention to detail
- Experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Familiarity with SEO
- Must be collaborative and work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising/public relations, communications, English, writing, or a related field
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Remote-first Culture
Here at Buxton, we believe strongly that we benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. Upon hire, a successful background check is required. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
AddressFort Worth, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Buxton
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?