Director of Membership & Guest Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Director of Membership & Guest Services
Position Reports To: Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Guest Services
Direct Reports: Member Relations Manager
FLSA: Full Time//Exempt
Salary/Hourly Rate:$75,000 to $80,000
About Butterfly Pavilion:
Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of invertebrates by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country, or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has launched a $55-million Capital Campaign to develop a brand new, state-of-the-art facility which will allow us to conserve and promote the tiny giants who are crucial to our existence. Butterfly Pavilion will break ground on the new facility in 2025.
Butterfly Pavilion's Core Values guide us in the way we interact and connect with our stakeholders and the world around us both externally and internally:
- Make Science Cool
- Love What You Do
- Go Above and Beyond
- Lead Change
- Know Your Stuff
- Be Positive
- Welcome All
These aren't just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
Position Mission: Ensuring a world-class guest experience and maximizing income potential from guests through visitation, membership and philanthropy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develops and directs strategies driving integrated digital and traditional campaigns to acquire, upgrade and renew members and donors.
- Leads the development and execution of targeted direct marketing appeals in collaboration with the Director of Individual Giving and the Communications Department through all channels, including mail, email, and web/digital.
- Use analytics to set program goals, compile and analyze previous direct marketing results, prepare materials and plans for improved performance.
- Develop and implement member cultivation and engagement plans, including on-site external communications, member events, and member services.
- Work closely with Donor Relations to ensure membership is fully integrated with strategies and efforts to convert members to donors, encourage upgrades, and identify member prospects for increased and/or additional giving.
- Elevate the day-to-day guest experience through process, innovation, commitment and excellent communications.
- Leads the Guest Services team, setting a vision for a smooth, easy and enjoyable guest experience at all touch points throughout the building; ensures that the department structure, procedures and practices support effective and efficient operations; and makes recommendations to executive staff for improvements to the guest experience as they pertain to quality of service, amenities, facilities, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Interpersonal Skills and Self-Awareness
- Advanced Communications Skills
- Building and Managing Teams
- Decision Making
- Organizational Awareness and Achievement
- Initiative and Innovation
- Results Orientation
- Project Management
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Task Completion
- Bachelor of Arts required; advanced degree in business, hospitality, arts administration or related fields preferred.
- Seven years+ progressively responsible experience in fundraising, membership, development, and guest services.
- Strong analytical and budget management skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership abilities.
- Must enjoy working with the public and demonstrate friendliness, professionalism, enthusiasm and a customer-centric approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and highly detail oriented with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment individually or in a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel a must, and a knowledge of ticketing systems and database software.
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills necessary to work effectively with all Butterfly Pavilion stakeholders.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
At Butterfly Pavilion, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and stand, use their hands and fingers, to handle/feel/grasp. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee should be able to lift, carry and items up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/2743820-20973
Position is open until filled. No phone calls or drop in's please.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TourismView all jobs at Butterfly Pavilion
Get fresh Vice President Membership jobs daily straight to your inbox!