Registered Behavior Technician(RBT)
Why join Butterfly Effects?
- Flexible, part-time hours (10-15 hours/week).
- Impact the day to day development of clients and celebrate their successes.
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families.
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum.
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in the field of ABA.
What is a day in the life of a Butterfly Effects' RBT like?
- Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) work with clients 18 months to 18 years old on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan.
- You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 2:00-7:00 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
- Active Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification by the BACB or Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) by the BICC.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours preferred.
- Previous ABA experience or experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle (Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work).
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. (market specific)
What We Offer:
- Butterfly Effectsoffers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs.
- BACB Supervision hours where applicable, and career paths to BCBA and other positions.
- Drive time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician (BT) implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro