Ag Equipment Service Diesel Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Butler Ag Equipment, a division of Butler Machinery Company, is looking for self-motivated, customer-driven service technicians to join our winning team and help us grow our business. If you have a passion for the agriculture industry, enjoy working independently but still in a team environment, and are eager to continue learning and advancing throughout your career, you will be right at home with our team at Butler. In this role you’ll use your mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance, diagnostics and repair for all customer equipment needs. With a career at Butler Ag, you’ll have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally with a 67-year old, family-owned company that values developing the leadership abilities within every employee and promoting from within.
Our ideal future teammate values great relationships with everyone in the company, is customer-driven, strives for excellence every day, has high levels of integrity and accountability and focuses on safety in everything he/she does.
The continued success of Butler is dependent upon a team that believes in our company’s mission, lives our culture by demonstrating our values every day and is hungry to grow their careers alongside our growing business.
Learn more about a technician career at Butler by visiting https://butlerag.com/techniciancareers
Full-Time Technician Pay Scale: $27.45/hr to $44.47/hr, DOE.
Job Responsibilities for an Ag Equipment Service Technician
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Perform maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs on all Butler Ag Lines, including but not limited to AGCO.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities within all diesel technology systems and componentry. For example: Hydraulics, electrical, power trains, etc.
- Work overtime as workload dictates
- Proactively maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Committed to lifelong learning and training to stay ahead of industry standards
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Travel for work, to other Butler and customer locations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for an Ag Equipment Service Technician
- Two-year associates degree in related field preferred or equivalent applicable experience.
- Applied knowledge of basic mechanical theory.
- Trade-specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
- Ability to provide an excellent customer experience and an outgoing personality
- Individual must be able to work well without supervision.
- Proficient computer technology skills
- Strong organizational skills
- CDL preferred or the ability to obtain
- Ability to meet and maintain insurability standards to drive a company vehicle
- Must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to learn new skills quickly
Benefits for an Ag Equipment Service Technician
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates In 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Nebraska. If you desire to grow a career with our team, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options – Basic and Preferred
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days a year accrued through pay periods
- 401(K) Plan
- 8% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance
Butler Machinery Company
AgricultureView all jobs at Butler Machinery Company
Get fresh AG Service Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.