Butler-MacDonald Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Logistics Coordinator schedules inbound and outbound trucks and is responsible for ensuring all related paperwork is completed in a correct and timely manner. Will also assist in managing proper inventory in all Shipping/Receiving areas. This position is integral in helping to ensure the company successfully delivers superior service and value to all customers.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions include the following but are not limited to; other duties may be assigned.
- Plan the daily shipping/receiving schedule
- Work closely with Warehouse Manager and sales team to ensure proper scheduling of trucks
- Schedule inbound and outbound trucks via phone calls and/or email
- Set up and assign Run Numbers
- Issue and oversee the creation of receiving tickets
- Process the Receiving Ledger, math calculation checks on inbound material to verify weights
- Maintain truck log in current timely manner
- Assist in investigating and resolving inventory discrepancies
- Handle administrative tasks for Shipped Material
- Create Packing Lists and Bill of Ladings for all outbound shipments
- Create labels for outbound boxes per customer requests
- After trucks are loaded, double check box count, tickets and packing list for accuracy
- Create customs paperwork if needed
- Coordinate outbound freight to meet customer demand while complying with legal regulations
- Assure material weight to be loaded is within legal limits
- Communicate with truck drivers regarding their individual loads and provide dock assignments.
- Maintain correct box counts and paperwork; Forward to Administrative Coordinator as soon as complete.
- Help manage the integrity and cleanliness of dock warehouse area and shipping office.
- Review and manage the truck log to assign the function of shipping and receiving to dock personnel and yourself as may be required to efficiently move material in and out of the production facility and warehouse. Save the file frequently to reduce risk of loss of data.
- Ensure drivers are properly checked in. Inform truck drivers of their assigned door #, to chock tires, not to use open top dumpsters and to move their tandems back prior to backing into dock.
- Assist in rectifying problems that may have occurred in the production logs for each respective run number (i.e find missing material, correct entries, clarify discrepancies, dispose of trash, etc.).
- Prepare UPS documents and labels to fulfill requests for small packages to be shipped. Receive UPS/Fed Ex, etc. packages and distribute to appropriate people/departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Must have strong Excel, Outlook and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to verbally communicate with others – in person, via the phone and email.
- Ability to write and complete paperwork including tags and ledgers.
- Ability to understand issues and problems and walk through steps to troubleshoot.
- Ability to spatially understand layout of warehouse and assign material to locations and retrieve material from locations.
- Ability to add, match and account for tickets to each box of material processed.
- Ability to ascertain the gross, tare and net weights of each box of material processed.
- Ability to use a calculator, label maker and scale.
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to work alone or with others.
- Very strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Drive a forklift to move material for relocation, inventory and loading and unloading trucks when needed (not required but a plus).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to maneuver on and off a forklift (not required but a plus).
- This position requires the ability to bend to pick up and move material from floor level up.
- This position requires good listening skills and the ability to speak clearly.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- This position requires the ability to stand for periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This work takes place in a production and office environment.
- This position requires working with dirt/dust and noise. Use of eye and ear protection and steel toed boots/shoes is required throughout the entire shift when in the warehouse.
- This position requires working with various temperature conditions.
- This position requires use of mechanical and electrical equipment, and moving objects.
- This work is fast-paced and deadline-oriented and requires flexibility within the work day.
- This position requires a strong ability to handle multiple tasks.
Butler-MacDonald offers a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive Wages
- Company-paid medical and life insurance benefits
- Dental, vision, and disability insurance benefits
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid time off and unpaid time off
- Tuition Assistance
Butler MacDonald Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status.
Butler MacDonald is committed to operating a “Drug Free Workplace” per-employment drug testing is required.
Butler-MacDonaldWhy Work Here?
Health, Life, Dental, and Disability Insurance (Company PAID Health and Life for employee) Paid Time Off, Tuition Assistance
Butler-MacDonald is turning plastic scrap into usable plastic. Since 1982 we have been using our expertise to develop custom tailored plastic recycling services.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Butler-MacDonald