Butler MacDonald is looking for a Business Development Manager, who has experience in the area of plastics manufacturing or plastics recycling.
The Business Development Manager has the primary objective of identification and acquisition of new business accounts. The BDM examines current market conditions, provides updates to customers, and helps develop strategies to improve sales, market share, and profits. The BDM is also responsible for maintaining a high quality service that meets minimum standards set forth by the company and is integral in helping to ensure the company successfully delivers superior service and value to all customers.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop new business by identifying and researching prospects, calling on them, educating them about Butler-MacDonald’s operations and closing the sale.
- Keep abreast with current accounts by calling on customers; discussing their needs; informing them of new products, processes, and services; and identifying growth opportunities.
- · Understand Butler-MacDonald’s products and services, as well as its pricing and marketing systems. Research trends in the field and be familiar with competitors’ offerings.
- Handle in-bound sales calls in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring that the customers’ needs are met.
- Respond to all requests for company services in a timely manner.
- Integrate sales efforts with marketing strategies by participating in trade shows and networking opportunities.
- Record activities by keeping notes of call and quote activities and by preparing regular sales and expense reports.
- Request and attend pricing meetings to help establish proper pricing and service requirements for each new job quoted.
- Interact with lab and production teams to develop solutions for customers. Offer guidance and consultation to other personnel as directed.
- Interface between customers and production staff to allow accurate development of production schedules.
- Attend sales and production meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and three (3) to five (5) years’ sales experience.
- Sales experience in plastics is a plus, but not required.
- Superior ability to interact and communicate well with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings and group presentations.
- Superior ability to present information to top management, coworkers, clients, and customers.
- Above average ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Above average ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Above average ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Above average ability to think logically in order to troubleshoot, analyze situations, and make sound business decisions.
- Superior ability to reason out costs and sale pricing as related to labor and maintenance costs versus pounds processed.
- Strong ability to understand basic math concepts, including percentages.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, ACT! (6.0 or above), e-mail systems, and Internet browsers.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and phones.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Strong, demonstrated ability to grasp and remember plastic concepts and descriptions.
- Above average ability to understand legal concepts and contractual information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- This position requires a driver’s license and the ability to drive safely for long distances.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work takes place in both an office environment and a production environment.
- Travel will be required.
- This work is fast-paced and deadline-oriented and requires a flexible work schedule.
- Frequent use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
Butler MacDonald Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status. Butler MacDonald is committed to operating a “Drug Free Workplace” per-employment drug testing is required.