Help Desk Support
Butler Aerospace & Defense Windsor Locks, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Level 1 Help Desk Support
Location: Windsor Locks, CT (06096)
Duration: 24 Month Contract
Pay Rate: $21.64/HR
Job ID: #61639
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports, maintains, develops and troubleshoots the operational network computer and telecommunication systems and related hardware and software components.
• Performs hardware and software installations, upgrades and maintenance of network computer systems, components and applications.
• Provides and implements measures to improve the performance, security and/or availability of computer (operating) systems, components and applications.
• Monitors and documents computer (operating) systems, applications and hardware operational statistics (usage, performance, security/access, errors, availability, etc.).
• Assists in developing and enhancing the network computer systems, operating systems, applications and components.
• Works closely with the Network Administrators to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot local area networks and components.
• Ensures business data and systems are adequately protected and backed up in accordance with existing procedures and guidelines.
• Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains end-user systems and applications.
• Remains up-to-date with the latest relevant technology developments to ensure industry best practices and developments are known and investigated for applicability for the company.
• Participate in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors.
• Performs other related duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two years completion from college, university, MCSE Certification or equivalent experience.
- Commitment to provide positive customer interactions via a listening, setting expectations, treating customers with respect and providing best in class solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to diagnose problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Be committed to the following principles:
• Customer/Business Focus
• Communication skills (Customer, Team/Leads)
• EH&S Compliant/Security Awareness
• Skills to do their job. Must be able to Learn/Adapt
• Work within ITSM systems and process
• Accountability for all outcomes
• Empowered to raise issues
• Not just a desktop technician (other help will be required at times)
• Handle Escalations Other Duties as assigned. This is not just about closing tickets.
- Travel to facilities in surrounding area
US Citizen candidates only
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Butler Aerospace & Defense
AddressWindsor Locks, CT
TechnologyView all jobs at Butler Aerospace & Defense