IT Program Support Specialist / Jr. IT Project Manager
- Expired: January 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Apply your IT project management skills to ensure successful delivery of IT projects in a large federal agency. Exercise your expert judgment in an environment that gives you autonomy and flexibility, in a company that respects, uses, and develops your expertise. Work in a small team of technical and project support consultants on a long-term federal contract. Help a federal agency exercise effective stewardship of our nation's resources.
Workplace remote during COVID. Any of the four approved duty stations after COVID including: Denver (CO), Lakewood (CO), Washington DC, and Reston (VA). Top salary for highly qualified candidates.Responsibilities:
- Provide routine program and project management support for federal IT project managers for critical projects and activities.
- Develop and refine project management support materials such as project plans, work breakdown structures, project requirements (needs) analysis documentation, and resource plans.
- Provide action item tracking and management to include assisting federal managers for each assigned program/project with monitoring and documenting: program/project plan milestone/gateway completion, resource utilization tracking; risk and issue management/mitigation, and other applicable, standard project management monitoring tools.
- Support process development for the organization, including reviewing current processes to identify strengths and weaknesses and recommending best practices.
- Support agency and OMB data calls by working directly with stakeholders.
- Prepare reports using Tableau integrating data from disparate sources.
- Coordinate with internal functional areas to ensure all processes and procedures are integrated appropriately throughout the organization.
- Create organizational development-related process documentation and training materials.
- Work directly with the stakeholders to understand their priorities, define goals and strategies for improvement, and resolve issues.
- BS degree in an IT-related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the IT field
- Certification in at least one of the following: any ITSM certification (e.g., CSM, CISSP, CISM, CITM), PMP, or ITIL.
- Knowledge of IT system development life cycle
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strategic thinking ability
- Experience as a federal employee or a contractor
- Experience working with Tableau
- Experience with Agile methods on large federal IT projects
- Experience using CSAM (reporting/data analysis)
- Servant-leadership mentality
$74,000 to $83,000/yr., based on capability and experienceOther:
- Workplace remote during COVID. Any of four approved duty stations after COVID including Denver (CO), Lakewood (CO), Washington DC, and Reston (VA)
- Hours: full-time
- Desired salary or salary range must be included with submission of resume
Business Performance Systems is a successful, well-established small business composed of dedicated, skilled consultants supporting high-priority government projects. We provide our staff with a great degree of autonomy and growth potential in a company that combines the entrepreneurial environment of a small business with the maturity and financial stability of a large company. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about us at www.BPSconsulting.com.
Business Performance Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Business Performance Systems, LLC
Get fresh Project Management Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.