Occupational Health Nurse/RN - 3-12 Hour Shifts - Days & Nights Available
About Business Health Solutions
Business Health Solutions’ services are tailored to meet the needs and objectives of our specific host organizations. Our occupational health and safety professionals are available to staff, operate, and manage clinics located within organizations to maximize return on investment. We use an initial assessment phase to create a strategic plan to guide our work and client relationships.
Services used by our clients:
Absence and Case Management | Safety & Industrial Hygiene Consulting | OSHA Compliance Programs | Auditing Services & Program Reviews | Injury Prevention & Loss Control | Work-Related Injury & Illness Prevention & Management | Health Promotion & Education | Counseling & Crisis Intervention
Excellence: We believe that as BHS team members, we achieve excellence when we consistently perform with these three (3) approaches in mind.
- Maintain deliberate and conscious presence so we can respond rather than react.
- Address conflict early and often with grace and compassion, so we stay connected as a team while serving our clients.
- Communicate with openness, honesty, and transparency so that all communication is both effective and efficient.
Integrity: To achieve exceptional outcomes, we must always operate with the following:
Service: Service is only truly service if it is
- Clinically astute
- Based on current best practices
Humility: As leaders, we must consistently:
- Own the outcome
- Defer to our clients (unless it goes against our oath as nurses)
- Ensure that the achievement of successful outcomes always takes precedence over ego
Job Purpose: The Occupational Health Nurse is a Registered Nurse (RN) who is responsible for providing clinical services, health assessments, and case management at a client facility dedicated to innovative services and solutions to meet & exceed customers’ needs and overcome challenges. Shifts are available for day and night 3-12 hour shifts per week.
- Understanding and following applicable standards and guidelines
- Provide first aid for minor injuries, such as abrasions.
- Administer immunizations and emergency medications.
- Provide first aid/initial treatment and triage for site employees and contractors who experience work-related injuries
- Perform vision testing, audiograms, glucose testing, & urine collection for UA
- Collaborate with the client’s staff
- Lead and or participate in special projects assigned by the client leadership team
- Coordinate alcohol and drug testing with third party
Conduct, as appropriate, and/or manage all required surveillance examinations
- Provide medical surveillance support (testing and tracking) for client employees
- Provide Health Assessment services. This includes completing required physical assessments of employees, noting deviations from the norm, and performing other selected tests as needed at the site.
- Be trained to operate the medical testing instrument/equipment (Titmus/Audio) utilized for medical clearance and early detection of baseline changes and implement appropriate referrals and/or follow-up programs.
- Schedule and/or conduct health assessments, routine medical surveillance evaluations, and employee biological monitoring.
- Participate in recognizing and evaluating workplace hazards by conducting workplace audits.
Medical Emergency Response
- Provide first-line injury and illness care for work-related conditions. May provide support for personal medical issues that arise in the workplace, but a personal healthcare provider should manage these.
- Provide emergency medical response as required.
- Participate in the on-site emergency response process as defined in the site Emergency Response Program.
- Interface with local hospitals and emergency medical providers to enable quality and continuity of care following a possible injury, illness, or exposure.
Case Management Responsibilities
- Provide personal and work-related injury case management as defined by the client’s policies and guidelines. Case management includes working with 3rd party vendors, obtaining and reviewing health and position information on a case, developing a specific plan for returning the employee to the highest level of job capability given the medical condition, and then monitoring, tracking, and communicating progress.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and other regulatory agencies, mandated regulations (OSHA, HIPAA, etc.), and Corporate IHS Standards and Guidelines.
- Work with TPA and Corporate Workers’ Compensation manager to manage workers' Compensation cases and site safety to communicate any occupational or potential occupational injuries/illnesses.
Health Promotion Program Role
- Provide preventive health services. This includes individual employee counseling, referral, follow-up, and delivery/promotion of health education and training programs to individuals or groups. The client provides standard company programs and materials. Some development of materials and/or identification of local resources may be needed.
- Promote and support client wellness programs. These should include seasonal influenza vaccination where practical.
- Provide adequate clinical documentation of services provided to client employees. This includes electronic medical and traditional paper records that are consistent with local law and medical practice.
- Answer phone
- Clinic scheduling
- Medical waste management
- Clinic stocking/purchasing/expensing
- Anatomy & physiology
- Health promotion
- Lifestyle risk factors
- Physical skill assessment
- Certification in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry is desirable
Employer Legal Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of laws, standards, and safety regulations in occupational health
- Workers Compensation
- Industrial hygiene
- Behavioral change theory
- Registered Nurse in good standing with a current, active, and unrestricted License by the State Board of Nursing of Tennessee
- BHS Certification required
- At least five (5) years of experience as an RN and three (3) years of experience in an industrial plant setting are helpful.
- COHN (Certification in Occupational Health Nursing) is helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and platforms for tracking healthcare information.
- Experience and ability to manage emergency care situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or equivalent is desirable
- Ability to organize, plan, work independently, and manage multiple responsibilities
Competitive salary and benefits offered
- We support the professional goals of our teams through an annual education stipend and assistance with obtaining and maintaining professional certifications. Must work two (2) days per month to qualify.
- Eligible to participate in 401/(k) plan
Schedule: Day Shift: 5A-5:30 PM and Night Shift: 5:00 PM to 5:30 AM
Business Health Solutions Professional CorporationCollierville, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.