Jr. Prepared Food Specialist(Full Time)
Busch's Market Dexter, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Starting wage up to:$15.50/hr
Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
- Execute programs and procedures designed to promote deli hot case and hot food bar sales.
- Assist in reducing store shrink by using fresh/distressed perishable items in preparation. ?
- Rotate and cull product to ensure freshness and reduce shrink. ?
- Prep for and prepare HMR items and reutilization recipes.
- Evaluate and fix merchandising of HMR platters throughout shift. ?
- Identify and produce food production needs as directed by Deli/Bakery Manager. ?
- Assist with hot food preparation for catering orders. ?
- Clean and sanitize department including equipment, work/service areas, containers and utensils. ?
- Assist Deli/Bakery Manager in ordering recommendations to assist in the control of inventory. ?
- Follow and record Busch’s utilization standards. ?
- Maintain time and temperature food safety standards. ?
- Assist with store food demonstrations as needed. ?
- Represent our brand at outside company food events. ?
- Stay current on food trends and new items relevant to department and building sales. ?
- Build strong working relationships with guests, vendors and associates. ?
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information and suggestions. ?
- Communicate and work with other functional areas of Busch’s operations. ?
- Adhere to all Busch’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years cooking experience.
- Food safety certification.
- Proficient merchandising skills to ensure fresh and appealing displays in ‘ready to eat’ areas.
- Proficient culinary skills to follow recipes, sauté, work with knives, create appealing product and determine product quality.
- Proficient cleaning abilities to meet sanitation and visual standards.
- Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email.
- Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.
FoodView all jobs at Busch's Market