Cheese Monger(Full Time)(Swing)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
Starting wage up to:$17.50/hr
Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
- Prepping a large variety of cheeses and accompanying products (preserves, honey, charcuterie, crackers, etc.).
- Uphold high standards of guest service through every encounter, including hand selling, cross merchandising, educational handouts and educating other key associates, especially during peak hours.
- Maintain, fill cheese section by packaging, weighing and labeling product.
- Monitor and control inventory by working with department manager and vendors to ensure that we have the correct shelf and display inventory for projected sales including additional displays.
- Manage overstock issues including working overstock inventory to the shelf and making TRP requests.
- Monitor and control cheese orders.
- Receive and inventory product shipments
- Ensure cheese cutting practices are being followed.
- Assist in the selection, quantity and location for Busch’s displays by working with Deli/Bakery Manager to develop a weekly and monthly display plan including cross merchandising. Review weekly ad plan for items that will require displays.
- Assist with demonstrations and other store events.
- Maintain department shelf conditions and cleanliness including completing price changes, shelf and display sign maintenance; and execute new and discontinued items.
- Stay current on food trends and new items relevant to department.
- 2-3 yrs experience in the food industry with cheese knowledge.
- ACS Certified Cheese Professional preferred or willing to become certified.
- Culinary training, including pairing wine and food.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient merchandising skills including planning and maintaining clean and appealing displays, ability to manage department inventory, and maintain proper shelf conditions.
- Proficient wine, liquor and beer knowledge, including the ability to answer guest questions and make recommendations.
- Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.
RetailView all jobs at Busch's Market