Sr. Database Engineer
BusPatrol New Orleans, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of databases. They will also be instrumental in creating new technically superior system designs that meet requirements while accommodating future needs without sacrificing ease of implementation.
What we need you to do:
- Work with project teams and stakeholders to develop efficient, highly scalable database solutions
- Design and build data structures including tables, views, stored procedures, and other database objects as required
- Perform in-depth data analysis to validate system behavior, identify problems, and optimizations
- Validate database designs and development against architectural standards and best practices
- Manage priorities and assigned tasks with minimal oversight
- Communicate effectively with team members and all project stakeholders
- Generate and review design documents based on project requirements and final technical solutions
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required.
- 4+ yrs. of professional experience in SQL development and data modelling
- Experience with managed database environments AWS RDS (preferred)
- Significant experience designing and implementing relational database solutions
- Experience with GIS database warehousing and PostGIS
- Expert level proficiency with MySQL and PostgreSQL with experience tuning and migration processes.
- Thorough knowledge on how to create roles, managed database access, audit logging, work with tools like PGAudit extensions, PGBouncer, Postgres Enterprise Manager (PEM), and PGBadger for log analytics analysis.
- Knowledge of ORM optimization like Active Record(Preferred)
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, Simple DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, Elastic Load Balancing, SQS, AWS CLI and other services in the AWS Cloud.
- Experience working within a project team of developers and test engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for documentation and the ability to convey technical details to non-technical stakeholders
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children's safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work remotely out of the comfort of your home
We're looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children's safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at BusPatrol