Field Service - US Director/Head
BusPatrol Lorton, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
BusPatrol is currently undergoing rapid expansion. We are looking for an experienced Field Service US Director/Head to join our U.S. Field Operations team.
What we need you to do:
The ideal candidate should have a strong operations management background, with an emphasis on managing a large and remote team of field service managers and technicians. You will have extensive experience managing medium to large scale installation projects.
- We're looking for a Director of Field Operations who will lead our team of self-starting, mission-driven field managers and technicians to grow and thrive. The successful candidate has a passion for customer satisfaction and an impressive track record of getting stuff done.
- You will manage a nationwide team of Regional Service Managers and their teams of field service technicians who install, maintain, and repair BusPatrol equipment at customer locations throughout the United States.
- Own financial and operational KPIs related to installation and field service efficiency, including workforce utilization planning.
- Ensure that month end operations based financial reports and vendor invoices are done accurately and submitted on time.
- We're looking for an operations leader who is process-oriented, technical, skilled in continuous improvement methodologies; is data-driven, information system savvy and can drive process standardization; and throughout is still willing and able to get hands-on and lead the charge.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for service operations using process improvement skills
- Identify ways to help improve team efficiency and productivity through process design, automation, training and staying on top of new technology and industry trends.
- Organize coaching and training for operations managers and technicians
- Define and implement metrics for service quality and service efficiency, and generally contribute to building a data-driven, metric driven culture
- Partner with the engineering team to implement upgrades, collect and analyze quality feedback from the field, and contribute to continuous improvement
- Grow the careers of an awesome, hardworking team
- Move mountains to ensure our customers are thrilled with our products and services.
What you bring:
You are a mission-driven field service and dispatch manager with more than 10 years of experience leading large, remote, and geographically diverse teams of installers, field service technicians, and engineers. You are a highly organized person who takes both a practical and data driven approach to operational decision making. You are an influencer who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible outcome for our customers.
You have best in class problem solving skills, you are independent, self-driven, and not afraid to make the tough decisions. The candidate should have a high tolerance for ambiguity, strong empathy, and an ability to operate autonomously while building trust with colleagues, direct reports, partners and customers. You lead by example, never asking anyone to perform a task that you wouldn't be willing to do yourself. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You keep a blue-collar shirt in the trunk of your car because you know at some point, the white collar will need to come off and you will need to get your hands dirty. If this is you, then welcome home.
- 10+ years of experience leading large, remote and geographically diverse teams of field operators.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a business, supply chain, engineering, information technology, or similar discipline is desired.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects on tight timelines
- Proven ability of making positive impacts on customer service quality, profitability, and efficiency in a tech-enabled service company
- Experience bringing ideas to fruition and leading teams to a common goal
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to accommodate teams and projects across multiple locations.
- Organized, fast paced executor and capable of bringing clarity to ambiguity with little oversight
- Experience managing communications to audiences on various platforms (e.g., project plans, presentations, analyses, etc.)
- Experience using project management and reporting tools, preferably Wrike and/or Confluence
- Experience in start-up or leading within a small, high change, fast growth environment
- Experience managing a field service, logistics, or customer support team, preferably in an organization known for innovative products and services
- Demonstrable track record in standardizing operating procedures across a wide range of geographies and experience levels
- Past responsibility for customer satisfaction KPIs, in addition to financial and efficiency KPIs
- Hands on experience in the trades including mechanical and electrical is also a plus
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children's safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We're looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children's safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.
BusinessView all jobs at BusPatrol