Field Service - Regional Manager
BusPatrol Maryland City, MD
- Expired: April 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Field Service - Regional Manager - Mid Atlantic
Location: VA or MD
Who we are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
BusPatrol is currently undergoing rapid expansion. We are looking for an experienced Regional Manager to join our growing Field Service Operations team.
What we need you to do:
Reporting to the U.S. Director of Field Operations, the ideal candidate should have a strong field service, field dispatch and/or installations management background, with an emphasis on managing a medium to large size and remote teams of field service technicians.
- We're looking for a Regional Field Service Manager who will lead our team of self-starting, mission-driven technicians to grow and thrive. The successful candidate has a passion for customer satisfaction and an impressive track record of getting stuff done.
- You will manage a regional team of field service technicians who install, maintain, and repair BusPatrol equipment at customer locations throughout your assigned market region.
- Move mountains to ensure our customers are thrilled with our products and services.
- Execute launch strategy for new service locations in your assigned region
- Build and develop a high-impact team of technical, and customer facing professionals, capable of executing on operational deliverables.
- Execute launch strategy for new service locations in region
- Support and lead regional installation projects.
- Lead and drive quality and improvement in the region to deliver on all key performance indicators
- Manage day-to-day operations within your region, including budget, time and expense approval, management of work orders and field service tickets, and owning quality assurance.
- Work alongside your regional team to do what needs to be done.
- Manage operational execution and ensure brand standards are met in accordance with company direction
- Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote accountability and an environment of personal and professional growth.
What you bring:
You are a mission-driven field service and dispatch manager with more than 5 years of experience leading teams of 10 or more people across multiple locations. You came up through the ranks and cut your teeth as an installer and/or technician. You are just as comfortable with a drill in your hand as you are creating pivot tables in Excel. You are a highly organized person who takes both a practical and data driven approach to operational decision making. You are a leader of people and can effectively communicate with everyone from a CEO to a garage mechanic.
You have best in class problem solving skills, you are independent, self-driven, and not afraid to make the tough decisions. The candidate should have a high tolerance for ambiguity, strong empathy, and an ability to operate autonomously while building trust with colleagues, direct reports, partners and customers. You lead by example, never asking anyone to perform a task that you wouldn't be willing to do yourself. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You are a "bridge builder" and a problem solver, you never raise a problem without at least having a proposed solution. If this is you, then welcome home.
- 5+ years of experience leading medium to large size, remote and geographically diverse teams of field operators.
- Vocational/Technical certification and/or Bachelor's degree in a business, information technology, or similar discipline is desired.
- Experience managing multiple projects on tight timelines
- Proven ability of making positive impacts on customer service quality, profitability, and efficiency in a tech-enabled service company
- Experience bringing ideas to fruition and leading teams to a common goal
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time to accommodate teams and projects across multiple locations within your region and throughout the United States.
- Organized, fast paced executor and capable of bringing clarity to ambiguity with little oversight
- Experience using project management and reporting tools, preferably Wrike and/or Confluence
- Experience managing a field service, logistics, or customer support team, preferably in an organization known for innovative products and services
- Hands on experience in the trades including mechanical and electrical is also a plus
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children's safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We're looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children's safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.
AddressMaryland City, MD
BusinessView all jobs at BusPatrol