- Expired: January 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Burton Logistics Solutions is seeking candidates for the position of Transportation Dispatcher. Office based role includes dispatch assignment of yard jockeys / switchers onsite to move trailers from yard locations to warehouse door assignments for load/unload.
Job Type: Full-time - morning shift (Mon-Fri 5 am - 3pm) (weekends periodically)
Starting pay: $13 hr.
Facility location: Northern Winston-Salem / Rural Hall area
Other Responsibilities to include:
- Preparing dispatch documents, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Maintaining records of dispatched calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pickup times.
- Keeping track of transportation regulations and laws to ensure that truck drivers comply.
- Reviewing drivers' logs, including dispatched calls and arrival times.
- Monitoring truck repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Logging customer shipping schedules and complaints.
Requirements to fill position:
- Knowledge with switcher equipment to assist with training.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Dispatcher or similar position within industry.
- High School Diploma or GED..
- Ability to work under pressure and time management.
- Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
- Extensive experience in customer services, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS) - McLeod.
- Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to monitor drivers' logs, truck maintenance schedules, and repairs.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and laws.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Burton Logistics Solutions
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Burton Logistics Solutions