Scale House Operator (Cashier)
- $20 to $21 Hourly
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Burrtec is a well established refuse and recycling collection company serving over fifteen municipalities throughout Southern California and employing over 1400 full time employees. Burrtec continues to grow through co. acquisitions and successful bid proposals. Burrtec is a family owned company that firmly believes the key element to our success is knowing how important each employee is in the organization.
We have the following position at our Riverside/Agua Mansa Material Recovery Facility division:
Scale House Operator
Provides a variety of customer service duties by interacting, servicing, and consulting with face-to-face customers as well as via telephone.
SALARY RANGE: $19.75/hour - $20.85/hour
- Understand and follows facility rules and regulations, is able to convey this information to customers, both face to face and on the telephone.
- Log into the in-house on all necessary terminals to begin the days transactions.
- Control traffic, using traffic control lights.
- Count and record daily cash on opening cash sheet.
- Ask all basic questions from memory to be able to accurately transact a customer (material, unacceptable, jurisdiction).
- Identify various vehicle types and use estimated vehicle weight table to transact deposits on inbound public loads.
- Accurately counts money present by customer for deposit/payment.
- Apply policy on proper cash handling (checking for counterfeit bills).
- Accurately records deposits received in the in-house system.
- Highlight deposit amount on receipt given to customer.
- Accurately makes change.
- Count change back to customer.
- Accurately identify truck numbers on account customer vehicles.
- Apply and follow all deputy weigh master rules/guidelines.
- Accurately enters weight indicator read outs into the in-house system for Gross and Tare weights.
- Uses correct terminal to scale when transacting customers.
KNOWLEGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong face to face customer service orientation coupled with interpersonal skills which demonstrates a strong concern for satisfying the customer.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Good listening skills and elicit information.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective, professional, and calm working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Flexible and have ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented and have concern for quality
- Computer Skills and ability to operate a 10-key calculator are required.
- Learn and correctly interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Accurately count money and calculate change.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous customer service experience, required
- Cash handling experience, preferred
- Prior experience in the Waste industry is preferred
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day
- Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to operate a personal computer for long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist or eye strain.
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone
- Will work in scale house environment and have continuous face-to-face contact with the public/customers.
- Working both indoors and outdoors environment.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package including 401k and 100% paid medical/dental/life insurance and holidays/vacation/PSL.
BurrtecMira Loma, CA
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.