Burr & Forman Mobile, AL
- Expired: August 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Burr & Forman LLP has an immediate opening in our Mobile office for a full-time receptionist to work 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.Under general direction from management, this position will be also be responsible for active and inactive records management related to storing case files and original documents for the Mobile office.
This position is a unique opportunity to join a firm that prioritizes our clients, colleagues, and communities. Burr & Forman enjoys a highly collaborative culture in a familiar environment where individual contributions are recognized and valued. Our clients have local, national, and international interests, and the work we do is interesting and important. If you're a service-minded professional with intellectual curiosity and excellent work ethic, please consider joining our team at Burr & Forman.We offer a competitive salary complimented by a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and generous paid time off.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and in a pleasant manner while engaged with callers, visitors, and members of the firm
- Operate the firm's switchboard answer telephone calls
- Take and distribute calls and messages and direct inquiries to appropriate personnel
- Receive visitors and direct them to the appropriate destination or notify appropriate individuals of their guests' arrival
- Schedule conference rooms/maintain conference room calendars
- Maintain conference room appearance and report needed building repairs to maintenance staff
- Validate visitors' parking
- Maintain visitor logs and passes
- Provide building security with a list of daily visitors
- Manage service of process log
- Handle attorney/staff Lunchbox program
- Order catering for meetings as requested
- Coordinate orders including flowers and gifts for births, hospital stays, and sympathy, as needed
- Manage and reconcile lunch program invoices
- Prepare semi-monthly spreadsheet of personal Lunchbox program charges for payroll administration
- Complete check requests as needed
- Coordinate reservation of offices for use by visiting attorneys
- Make hotel reservations as requested
- Enter attorneys' time into the firm's billing software as needed
- Proofread accurately, efficiently, and dependably, checking for appropriate formatting and spelling/grammatical errors
- Serve as floor marshal for Firm and building management
- Maintain and secure records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Organize and maintain centralized inactive and semi-active file storage space for Mobile office; regularly inventory space to ensure that assigned and unassigned space is properly utilized.
- Work with internal clients to properly identify stored boxes, index their contents, and record expected occupancy dates.
- Follow up with legal secretaries or paralegals, according to predetermined schedule, regarding continuing need for space; upon receiving authorization to transfer boxes to off-site storage, process boxes and arrange for transport.
- Perform data entry for storage transactions.
- Act as liaison and customer service contact for individuals using centralized inactive and semi-active file storage space; prevent unauthorized access and unauthorized dumping of unassigned materials.
- Access, edit, and maintain automated records management system; update circulation for materials maintained in inactive and semi-active file storage space, as well as status of all original documents received, filed with the court, returned to the client, or otherwise sent out.
- Facilitate circulation of boxes from and to off-site records storage vendor; act as primary liaison with vendor.
- Responsible for adhering to general safety practices and to any unique departmental safety practices.
- Oversee inactive records management function for Mobile office, including processing requests for retrieval of boxes from storage, returning previously retrieved materials, processing new inventory for off-site storage, scheduling pickups and deliveries, and updating the automated the records management system to reflect status changes of retrieved/returned boxes.
- Oversee tracking of all original documents received into or sent out of secure storage using the centralized, automated records management system, including details of when the documents were received, if they were filed with the court, returned to the client, or otherwise to whom the originals were sent; assign barcode to all incoming originals for ongoing tracking and reporting purposes.
- Oversee inventorying, ordering, receiving, stocking, and distributing of records management supplies.
- Interface with managers, co-workers, lawyers, legal secretaries, paralegals, document clerks, and other support staff to exchange information; attend and participate in various departmental meetings as they are scheduled.
- Support records center staff by performing routine file creation, organization, and maintenance tasks as necessary.
- Maintain regular, prompt attendance
- Work well with others as part of a team
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed/requested.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months of clerical experience in an office environment is required; associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is preferred.
- Must be dependable and have an excellent work ethic with the capacity to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Light typing (prefer minimum 35 wpm).
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and IRMGovern are a plus.
- Must maintain professional appearance and demeanor during telephone and personal contact with attorneys, staff, and vendors, demonstrating a patient, pleasant, "service first" attitude at all times.
Burr & Forman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and promoting lawyers and staff without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.
See Burr & Forman's Diversity Statement & Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
Burr & Forman is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please contact our Employment Administrator at (205) 458-5490 and let us know the nature of your request
Burr & Forman
BusinessView all jobs at Burr & Forman