- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the engineering manager, supports quoting and estimating for new business proposals and supports rapid prototyping new business. Primary duties include gathering customer information, design details and requirements, estimating of time and cost of manufacturing, contacting vendors to get material quotes, and creation of formal quotes for management approval before issuing to customer. Secondary duties include engineering support tasks (laser programming, CAD programming, manufacturing process optimization) in the rapid prototyping department.
- Perform engineering tasks as directed by engineering management or a higher level engineer, including testing, design and analysis.
- Assist other engineers in engineering / development projects containing higher degrees of complexity.
- Assist in sustaining activities where improvements are made to products already in production. This may include trouble shooting manufacturing issues, root cause analysis, improving manufacturing methods or process, designing or specifying equipment, tooling and fixtures, etc.
- Understand customer, project, and product requirements as applicable.
- Track project / engineering hours as applicable.
- Prepare engineering drawings and reports as required.
- Interface with external suppliers and vendors for quoting and product research.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to changes and manage multiple tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to plan, organize and implement tasks with successful and timely results.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIEINCE, MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 yr. Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related science field, or Associate degree with 2 years of experience.
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in a new product development environment, manufacturing environment, or related field.
- Proficiency with required Computer Aided Design and Engineering tools.
- Proficiency with typical office software, word processors, spreadsheet, databases, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
15 Christopher Way EatontownEatontown, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Burpee MedSystems