Business Systems Analyst - Oil & Gas
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or other related scientific or technical discipline required; or demonstrated technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements
5 to 10 years business applications implementation and support experience, with effective utilization of an ERP implementation methodology
Previous experience with loading racks and transportation systems preferred
Basic understanding of PLC logic controls
Hands-on experience with leading and facilitating business requirements and business process definition, application design and integrated testing activities
Ability to articulate ideas to all levels of management and technical staff. Must be comfortable communicating with senior levels of management of the company.
Hands-on experience leading application support and maintenance production support activities.
Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting complex integrated Enterprise systems
Hands-on experience troubleshooting systems and integration related issues and facilitating through issue resolution.
Possess broad understanding of enterprise business/functional processes in financial, HR, plant maintenance and operations, supply chain and other corporate areas.
Fluent in English, oral and written required
Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs
oil and gas experience is preferred
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) plays a key role in the IT organization. The BSA has a diverse background and has strong functional skills and comprehends business process as well as technical proficiencies. Their knowledge and expertise are critical to the success of the IT team.
The BSA works directly with internal business users of applications to provide real-time support. In the course of this support, the BSA manages the process of problem response, triage and manages the team's documentation of defects and communicates remediation. Oversees design and implementations of feeds, data structures, reports, etc. including analysis and documentation following project management and SDLC disciplines to ensure structured and effective implementation.
The Business System Analyst must understand the urgency of issues and drive and own tasks until completed. Must have strong hands-on technical skill sets including development. They will be responsible for coordinating resolution to incidents, service requests, minor enhancement requests and application/system fixes to resolve production issues and serve as technical lead during application upgrade process.
Key activities include understanding supporting software integrations, software installations, software configuration, testing and troubleshooting. This position is also responsible for managing the relationships of important third-party software vendors.
- Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of the Production Support life cycle. Identifying and defining user requirements, mapping business processes, defining software configuration and setup, developing test scripts and scenarios, and providing relevant applications and business expertise.
- Recommend and educate on best practices related to various customer sales and service disciplines
- Provide application training to the User Community as required
- Create specifications and documentation for system usage as required
- Is a Key member on the Application Support team -- a bridge of Technical and Management skillsets
- Taking a lead role in detecting, diagnosing, and resolving system and application problems; conduct root cause analysis, submitting and managing incident tickets, following through on analysis, and developing methods for improvement.
- Collaborate on change implementation plans and strategies, performing risk and impact assessments prior to change implementation.
- Manages the delivery of exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment through phone, email, and IM by consulting with management team, peers and subordinates and finally end users to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and document discussions/issues and translates changes into clear and actionable application directives.
- Work closely with all vendor support and ensures incident resolutions and problems are correctly identified with the proposed final solution consistent with the end users' project requirements.
- Serves as technical resource on lights-on projects and support activities, including coordination with business owners and reporting progress and status.
- Maintains an organization-wide view of business and application architecture with high-level visual schematic of key systems and business flows.
- Works closely with developers taking into account budgetary restraints and vendor relations.
- Identify systems and business architectures with reliability or capacity risk; suggest remediation to improve serviceability.
- Identify areas within Application Support which can be made more efficient through automation, contribute ideas and solutions related to our transition to continuous delivery and work closely with team to contribute to the creation and implementation of such automation
- Create automated solutions for application and infrastructure monitoring, with focus on exception-based alerting; Leverage open-source tools wherever practical
- Supports SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and MDM (Master Data Management) initiatives with business and technical perspective and understands the company's strategic objectives for future technical architectures.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective organization and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- 10% travel requirements to support multiple sites
Get fresh Gas Tech jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.