Baylor RN or LPN Nurse
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Burns Nursing & Rehab is actively seeking to add a dedicated, hard-working nurse to join our team in the Russellville, AL area. We love our residents and we know you will too!
ABOUT BURNS NURSING & REHAB
Burns Nursing and Rehab is a 5 star, 57-bed family owned and operated nursing facility that offers speech, physical, and occupational therapy along with long-term care services.
Our goal at Burns Nursing & Rehab is to make our residents' lives better through a genuine caring spirit, hard work and dedication, and personalized compassionate care. Our exceptional service in a loving, clean environment is what sets us apart.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of one resident, one family, in our community one day at a time.
Director of Nursing, Unit Nurse Manager
Reporting to this position
Certified Nursing Assistants, Medication Technician/Aide, Restorative Aide
Provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the certified nursing assistants in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines and established facility policies and procedures.
**** $2,000 Sign on Bonus ****
Salary Range: $21.00 - $28.00 hourly
Benefits: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Insurance, Aflac Insurance, Simple IRA Retirement Plan
Schedule: Full Time Hours 7a - 11p Saturday and Sunday
Baylor: Work 32 hours, Paid for 36 hours
Shift: 16 hour
- A Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university or a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program.
- Prior experience in long-term care preferred but not required.
- Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in practicing state.
- Current CPR certification.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the daily activities of the certified nursing assistants in accordance with current federal, state and local regulations and guidelines and established facility policies and procedures.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are complied with by nursing personnel assigned.
- Participates in the admission, discharge and transfers of residents as required.
- Observes for changes in residents' status, notifying the physician and resident's family or representative and documenting accordingly.
- Transcribes physician orders to medical record and carries out orders as written.
- Prepares and administers medications as per physicians' orders and observes for adverse effects.
- Performs wound treatments as per physicians' orders, observes for changes and documents accordingly.
- Schedules follow up appointments for residents and transportation needs as indicated.
- Provides nursing leadership to nursing personnel assigned to the unit.
- Provides direct care skills such as colostomy changes, tube feedings, wound care, suctioning, IV administration, etc. in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Performs rounds to ensure resident needs are being met and personnel are performing their assigned duties.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team as needed to ensure residents' needs are holistically met.
- Informs appropriate departments of concerns or complaints and files grievances as necessary.
- Reports any incidents or unusual occurrences to the supervisor, unit manager, assistant director or nursing or director of nursing and participates in the investigative process as needed.
- Participates in end of life care as required.
- Ensures that there is adequate stock of medications, supplies, equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needs.
- Initiates, reviews and updates care plans as required.
- Promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication.
- Participates in the survey process when inspection surveys arise.
- Treats all residents with dignity and respect. Promotes and protects all residents' rights.
- Establishes a culture of compliance by adhering to all facility policies and procedures. Complies with standards of business conduct, and state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Follows appropriate safety and hygiene measures at all times to protect residents and themselves.
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information, including verbal, written, and electronic communications.
- Reports noncompliance with policies, procedures, regulations, or breaches in confidentiality to appropriate personnel. Reports any retaliation or discrimination to HR or compliance officer.
- Reports any allegations of abuse, neglect, misappropriation of property, exploitation, or mistreatment of residents to supervisor and/or administrator. Protects residents from abuse, and cooperates with all investigations.
- Reports any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and/or hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy.
- Participates in all life safety and emergency drills and trainings. Fulfills responsibilities as assigned during implementation or activation of the facility's emergency plan.
- Reports work-related injuries and illnesses immediately to supervisor.
- Follows established infection control policies and procedures.
- As a condition of employment, completes all assigned training and skills competency.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, and willingness to deal with difficult residents, family and staff.
- Must be able to relay information concerning a resident's condition.
- Must not pose a threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Meets general health requirements according to facility policy, including medical and physical exams and checking immunity status to various infectious diseases.
- Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
- May be subject to falls, burns from equipment, and/or odors throughout the day; encounter reactions from dust, tobacco smoke, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases and/or conditions which include AIDS, Coronavirus, Hepatitis B, and Tuberculosis.
- May be subject to hostile or emotional residents, family members, visitors or personnel.
- Must possess leadership, supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicates with medical and nursing staff, and other departments.
- Subject to call-back during emergency conditions.
- Works at nursing station and throughout the facility.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- May work beyond normal working hours and on weekends, holidays when necessary.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Burns Nursing Home
Get fresh Baylor Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.