- Design, specify, procure and supervise fabrication of process and packaging equipment within the food industry\. Experience with bakery equipment preferred\.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in the design of projects within the food and consumer product manufacturing industries\.
- Keep equipment related lists up to date and accurate for multiple projects
- Identify current project utility capabilities and verify project work will not exceed capacities
- Determine utility connections and routing to connect all required utilities to equipment
- Create and supervise construction scopes of work for subcontractors to fabricate, assemble, and install equipment
- Provide field support, including supervising the installation, commissioning and startup of equipment
- Perform utility audits on existing facilities
- Complete reports for studies assigned by clients
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria\.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments\.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing less experienced staff members\.
- Other duties as assigned\.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent from an accredited program\.
- Minimum 7 years related experience \(completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience\)\. Experience in both design and construction preferred\.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills\.
- Strong analytical and problem\-solving skills\.
- Experience leading the design of projects in the food and consumer products or other manufacturing based industries is strongly preferred\.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered\.
- Completion of FE exam required\.
- Completion of PE exam preferred\.
Job Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location US\-MO\-Kansas City
Other Locations US\-NJ\-Morristown, US\-TX\-Fort Worth, US\-GA\-Atlanta, US\-CO\-Denver, US\-TX\-Dallas, US\-IL\-Chicago, US\-SC\-Greenville
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing\. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee\-owners\. We take on some of the world's toughest challenges with the industry's best thinking\.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe\. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For\. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome\. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects\. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades\-long partnerships\. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically\.
At Burns & McDonnell, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions\. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels\. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant\.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 191845