The Assistant Piping Procurement Specialist will provide support to the Procurement team including ordering materials such as pipe, valves, fittings, supplies, and equipment for projects of all sizes in various locations\.
- Assist with compiling project specific piping procurement requirements for manual valves, piping materials, piping specialty items, engineered pipe supports and pipe fabrication\.
- Assist with meeting contractual obligations and following overall procurement strategies\.
- Support the creation of official bid lists, bid documents, and bid tabs for all items estimated in Front End Planning \(FEP\) process\.
- Support the estimating and front end planning proposal needs of projects\.
- Coordinate bid conditioning activities and facilitates pre\-award negotiation meetings\.
- Support materials expediting and supplier surveillance activities\.
- Assist in maintaining a new or enhanced system to facilitate order status and material receipt tracking\.
- Assist in the invoicing and payment process\.
- All other duties as assigned\.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Law or Construction related field\. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement\.
- Oracle Financial R12 software experience preferred\.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills\.
- Excellent interpersonal skills\.
- Analytical and problem solving skills\.
- Entry level skills with Microsoft Office\.
Primary Location US\-TX\-Houston
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing\. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee\-owners\. We take on some of the world's toughest challenges with the industry's best thinking\.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe\. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For\. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome\. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects\. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades\-long partnerships\. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically\.
At Burns & McDonnell, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions\. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels\. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant\.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 192112