- Expired: October 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
HVAC Apprentice Technician
Do you like finding and fixing mechanical problems? Talking to people and creating solutions for them that can make their homes safer and more efficient? We have great news for you
Do you believe that you have what it takes to become a great professional HVAC Technician? Maybe you feel you aren't using your talents properly. Or maybe you are looking for a career that can't be outsourced. We are going to invest in YOUR training and give you the tools to make it happen.
Are you looking to get into the HVAC field? An HVAC Technician Apprentice is your path to start. You would be responsible for learning and assisting in all areas performing Preventive Maintenance on residential heating and air conditioning equipment. This is the first step on the path to becoming a qualified HVAC Technician. And best of all, we have developed a company paid training program to guide you through the entire process. This includes both hands on, classroom and in the field training to reach the status of HVAC Technician.
We are a fast-growing family owned, local company and do much more than just HVAC. Our problem is that we have too many opportunities and not enough techs!
For the right candidate, if you follow our proven plan with our guidance and support, you will become a full-fledged HVAC Technician capable working on all residential heating and air conditioning equipment, educating the customer, and helping them to have a safer and more comfortable home.
We provide 90 days of PAID initial training. After successfully completing that, you will be assigned a Company vehicle which is fully stocked with the parts you will normally need.
We will continue this support and training to help you reach your goal of becoming a fully certified HVAC Technician and to control your income through both a pay scale that pays you for what your achievements are not your time in grade and a generous commission program.
You will be evaluating, maintaining, and repairing the following things:
- Residential heating equipment including oil, gas or propane fired. This includes both furnaces and boilers.
- Residential Air conditioning and heat pumps
- Ductless systems
- Water heaters
- Indoor air quality equipment.
- You will not be working on roof top units or geothermal systems.
This is where you will be working: New Castle County DE, Cecil County MD and Southern Delaware and Chester Counties in PA
Our Values in Action:
- We Get it Right. Guaranteed.: That's our tagline. Do you read that, and think 'Yeah, that's what it should be!'? If so, we want to talk with you.
- We Care About Our Customers: We are a 24/7 business. Everyone here helps with that. A set rotational schedule with occasional evening and weekend availability is required for everyone, not because we want to run calls then, but because we care about our customers, their safety, and their health. All technicians share in this rotation, and it normally occurs every eight weeks. If that is you, we want to have you on our team.
- We Background Check Everyone: Since we walk into customer homes, as a company we want to make sure we send in the right people, so we background check ALL of our personnel. If you like that as a selling point, then let us know when we can schedule yours to get the ball rolling.
20 Reasons to Work at Burns & McBride
- A 3-month paid training and onboarding plan including classroom training and partnering with experienced technicians
- A personal training program to reach national HVAC Technician certification for heating and air conditioning. Includes online and weekly classroom testing.
- A pay scale that rewards you for the work you can do rather than the time you have been here
- Help is there for you. There is always an experienced technician you can call for advice on tough jobs.
- Industry leading software to "Keep you in the Loop"
- You will be working with a great team and even better customers
- For folks who are new to the industry, we provide $2,500 in tools for your use on day one. These are yours once you complete the NATE Technician certification process
- Company provided test instruments to give you the information you need to properly diagnose issues.
- Year-round employment - so there's no seasonality
- Advancement opportunities and career growth plan - we want you to succeed!
- A cafeteria benefits plan with a monthly cash allowance that allows you to customize the best benefits package for you - including the option to select a Medical Health Insurance plan which provides 100% premium coverage for you. We also offer the ability to elect Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Vision and Life Insurance plans.
- We pay the full cost of a bi-annual physical exam for you
- Employee Assistance Program paid for by us for your benefit
- 401K Plan - After one year of service, we will match 50% of your contribution of up to 8% of your pay, so that our maximum contribution is 4% of your pay.
- Company provided technology - cell phone and tablet
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Company-provided uniforms with weekly laundry service because professionalism and first appearances to our customers count
- Company provided safety shoes, glasses, gloves, and other Personal Protection Equipment for your protection
- Commission programs and company contests throughout the year
- Days of PTO: 5 Personal Days and 7 Paid Holidays per year, plus paid vacation weeks by the next year
Reasons to Not Work at Burns & McBride
- If you look at explaining your findings and recommendations to the customer as just "checking off the box"
- If you think new technology is just a waste of time
- If you think the customer can wait until Monday
... then this is probably NOT the job for you
Apply now and we will get back to you in 24 hours. You will hear from us and if you are who we are looking for, we'll schedule a call to discuss next steps
Burns & McBride Home Comfort
AddressNew Castle, DE
Get fresh Maintenance Technician Apprentice jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.