NVO Mobile Maintenance Electrical Tech Apprentice
- $15 to $17 Hourly
The Mobile Maintenance Electrical Tech Apprentice will work with the Mobile Maintenance Technician Manager to facilitate the troubleshooting and repair of RVs and Travel Trailers in a timely and efficient manner.
This is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt role, based in fully remote running from April to October, 2023.
The deadline to apply for this role is 5:00 pm Pacific on June 1st, 2023
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Troubleshoot and rectify various problems associated with mobile trailer living, including basic plumbing, sewage, propane, trailer integrity, and electrical systems.
- Complete routine general maintenance and repair of Mobile Assets and pre-approved PUAs (e.g., filter replacements, door knob replacements, key loss, window replacements/repair, air conditioner troubleshooting).
- Assist in the maintenance of written documentation of all repairs using MaintainX.
- Work with the department managers to procure specialized parts and equipment to perform repairs and upkeep on Mobile Assets and pre-approved PUAs. Anticipate repair needs and order the necessary parts as early in the season as possible.
- Ensure the safe living condition of all Mobile Assets, and pre-approved PUAs, at all times by monitoring for harmful substances, including mold, animal waste, and water impurities, and verifying the presence of effective carbon monoxide detection and fire prevention equipment.
- Work on general housing cleaning projects as directed by the Mobile Maintenance Technician Manager, including housing cleaning as occupants come/go and inventory checks.
- Stage supplies for upcoming projects.
- Attend weekly check-ins and provide status updates with the Mobile Maintenance Technician Manager.
- Attend and support crew attendance at daily Morning Meetings.
- Maintain a clean and safe work site; ensure you have the necessary safety equipment.
- Work with the Mobile Maintenance Team to plan and execute LNT and Waste disposal plans.
- Provide written feedback to the Mobile Maintenance Technician Manager describing the season's successes and areas needing improvement to improve overall efficiency and production.
- Assist in maintaining written documentation of all repairs using MaintainX.
- Stay up to date with departmental communications.
Other Functions and Responsibilities (10%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with Burning Man’s staff policies.
- Abide by the rules and codes of conduct described in the NVO Handbook, Ranch Protocols, and the Mobile Maintenance S.O.P.
LEARNING AND TEACHING
- Documentation - Assists in the creation, publishing, and maintenance of process documentation related to their assigned duties.
- Knowledge sharing – Helps acculturate and educate junior staff in Burning Man culture and business processes.
- Training development - Collaborates with the education team to develop training materials in their area of expertise, as requested.
- Learning – Pursues ongoing learning in their area of expertise, working to stay current on emergent knowledge, skills, and processes.
- Experienced in basic evaluation and repair of plumbing and ventilation systems.
- Knowledgeable about gas systems and the safe handling of propane.
- Comfortable working with hand and power tools.
- Proficient with two-way radio communications.
- Recognizes the importance of safety in every work decision.
- Motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Maintains a professional and respectful manner when providing services.
- Takes direction and follows tasks through to completion.
- A team player who is also able to work independently.
- Capable of safely lifting 50 lbs. and working in various challenging spaces.
- Able to adjust schedule seasonally to work at the Burning Man event held in Nevada.
- CETP certification in propane handling.
- Knowledge of BRC, its departments, and operations.
- It is helpful if the candidate has previously been to Burning Man and/or is familiar with its culture.
Note: If you have gained the necessary experience to succeed in this role and have acquired this experience in other ways, we encourage you to apply and share all relevant experience in your application.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Individual compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors, including prior experience and geographical location. The anticipated pay rate for this position is $15.00 to $17.00 per hour.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Off-playa: This position requires periods of heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. This position will be physically demanding, and requires individuals with good physical health, and endurance. Work will include the need to find and meet with department representatives who may not be in the vicinity therefore this could include walking or using some form of transportation. Much of the work will be in outside weather conditions and will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles as well as possible extremes in temperature.
- On-playa: This position requires periods of heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. This position will be physically demanding, and requires individuals with good physical health, and endurance. Work will include the need to find and meet with department representatives who may not be in the vicinity therefore this could include walking or using some form of transportation. Much of the work will be in outside weather conditions and will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles as well as possible extremes in temperature.
NOTICE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Burning Man Project celebrates the importance of creating a diverse environment and enthusiastically encourages Black, Indigenous, Peoples of Color, LGBTQIA+, Immigrant, women, and people with disabilities, of all ages, to apply.
- Burning Man Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Notice for Remote Opportunities: Burning Man Project is currently able to hire remote employees living/working in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, LA, MA, MI, MT, NC, NM, NV, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI. Working hours for all positions are based in Pacific Time.
Powered by JazzHR
Burning ManGerlach, NV
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.