Construction Permit Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
For over three decades, Burnham Nationwide has provided Permit Management and Building Code Services for the Construction and Commercial Services Industry. Clients include architectural and general contracting firms, but we also coordinate with building managers/owners, developers and businesses to ensure they have the proper permits and documentation to build and run their businesses.
As a member of our Chicago Team: Project Managers plan, manage, and execute the completion of various consulting assignments and projects. This includes coordinating with our internal Building Code Team when necessary.
- Interface and communicate effectively with city officials, design professionals, contractors and building owners.
- Ability to research, communicate and delegate building permit requirements to internal and external members of the project team.
- Manage customer expectations and timelines for submittals and deadlines.
- Provide superior knowledge of permit approval processes and requirements as gained through working with peers and Senior Managers.
- Understand process and background for city requirements and how they may affect a potential construction project.
- Manage 20-30 projects at one time while providing superior customer service.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills with strict attention to detail.
- Exceptional work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to learn more.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in construction and real estate is a plus.
- Must be able to pass federal background check for licensing.
- Tech Skills: Proficient with MS Office, GSuite, Zoom Meetings, Adobe PDFs, CRM Navigation
3 Weeks PTO, 7 paid holidays, Competitive 401k plan, Full healthcare options, Life Insurance, Company iPhone/BYOD Stipend, Employee Development Initiatives and Paid Training, Game Room with ALL the snacks, Discounted building gym membership, Company furnished in-office and home computer.
Schedule/Office Presence & Dress Code:
8-5pm, Monday-Friday with Friday Summer hours letting out at 2pm. Training is in-office for the first 2-3 months with the option to go remote after. In-office dress is business casual, and we provide custom tailored collared shirts that are monogrammed to wear when you are customer facing. We want you to look your best!
Burnham Community Impact and Inclusion Statement:
- Burnham contributes to many employee passions and welcomes new ways to make a positive impact to all our lives. Currently, this includes Misericordia Days, ACE Scholarships, Employee Charitable Runs, and Athletic Team Sponsorships.
- We’re a diverse bunch and would like you to join our great company where you’re valued. https://www.burnhamnationwide.com/diversity-inclusion
What Burnham and our Building do to keep you safe:
- Several Medical-grade HEPA filters for the office that clean the suite’s air every 1.5 hours. Badge System with built-in contact tracing, touchless entry, plenty of provided PPE and sanitization products. We follow CDC and local directives and typically 7-10 people are in an 80-person suite any given day. Suite is professionally cleaned nightly.
- The Burnham Center Building has taken significant precautions with all common spaces more deeply cleaned and following up-to-date CDC and local precautions.
Burnham Nationwide, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?