Graphic Design Intern
BurnAlong Pikesville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join the BurnAlong team. The ideal candidate can create high-end graphics with a playful edge and is eager to contribute and learn in a collaborative environment. You’ll work on developing and producing a variety of design projects including social media assets, collateral (digital and print), infographics, iconography, custom illustrations, and branding images and assets.
Our design team is small but mighty! Working alongside one graphic designer and one UX designer presents a great opportunity for your voice to be heard to help us continue to shape our brand identity. As a startup, we're always looking for fresh new ideas to improve and grow, which means there's no limit to the creativity that you can bring to the team.
At the end of the internship, you’ll have worked with our designer and partnered with a variety of teams including marketing, customer success, events, and product to portray our unique brand and help us refine our visual identity. You'll gain hands-on experience with leading creative tools, practice with real-world campaigns and collateral, insight into marketing and social media strategy, and a network of accomplished (and fun!) team members.
Fluency in design tools like Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is essential. If you have a strong willingness to learn we want to hear from you!
All applicants must submit a portfolio for review.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain experience on the ground-floor of a fast-growing health and wellness tech company, described by INC Magazine as "Pioneering a New Approach to Wellness (That Actually Sticks)”:
- Collaborate and support the design and marketing teams in developing creative design solutions from conception through implementation that support the brand strategy
- Prepare social media and web assets that capture the audience’s attention
- Translate information into visually stimulating and highly branded typography, illustrations and infographics
- Assist with collateral updates and designs (digital and print) such as flyers and postcards
- Create mockups using product assets and maintain version control
- Bonus if you can create Animation, Audio, and Visual Effects for video
Required Experience And Qualifications
- 2+ years of design experience (may be educational experience) with a strong art portfolio, demonstrating well-rounded knowledge in design principles and techniques, composition, typography, illustration, and layout
- Effective organization and communication skills (written and verbal) with a strong ability to take direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames, but willingness to learn through collaboration
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator - bonus if experienced in Animate or Premiere Pro!) and desire to learn new programs
BurnAlong is a Mission-Driven Company that helps people lead healthier lives. At BurnAlong you'll enjoy a welcoming and entrepreneurial environment. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our team. If you're interested in building a company that changes lives, we'd like to hear from you. Learn more at: www.BurnAlong.com
This is a 12 week part-time paid internship (~15-20 hours/week) that's a rare and exciting opportunity to join a Series A startup that already has global momentum. Learn more at: www.BurnAlong.com. Apply today - we want to hear from you! Portfolio required.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at BurnAlong