HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to HR@burley.com. Finalists for this position are subject to a criminal background check.
Burley Design has been around for over 40 years and is known around the world for building recreational transport gear that sets the standard for safety, durability and thoughtful design. While we continue to perfect the bicycle trailer that put us on the map, the Burley product portfolio has grown over time to meet the changing needs of our customers. From multi-functional child carriers to cargo trailers and balance bikes, we put our heart and soul into everything we build.
The Consumer Services Representative will work directly with our sales team to provide outstanding service to our retail partners and end consumers. They will be responsible for answering customer service questions, processing orders, and warranty claims promptly and accurately with limited direction. The position will report to the Sales Manager.
· Day to day customer service for end users and retail partners including: answering inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching and providing information through a variety of means—by telephone, e-mail, online Q&A platforms, and social media.
· Fulfill direct to consumer orders. Keep website inventory levels current and monitor potential shortages. Work with Marketing Department to keep website information updated.
· Manage product Warranty Claim process. Determine if warranty claims from accounts and end-users are valid and ensure a fast turnaround on replacement or warranty parts. Work closely with Quality team to identify patterns that may require redesign or a change in the manufacturing process.
· Participate in planning projects with a focus on delivering improvements in the service levels to our customers, driving operational efficiencies, and identifying additional opportunities to grow our business.
· Recommend potential products or services to management based on information gathered from end-users.
· Under general direction assists in the execution of sales and marketing strategies.
· Continually maintain a thorough knowledge of all company products, technical product features and specifications, catalog contents, and sales and promotional items.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Experience in customer service or retail for technical outdoor or sporting goods products desired.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload in conjunction with deadlines
· Cooperation, decision-making and problem solving.
· Demonstrated sense of urgency and time management skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Mechanical aptitude and passion for cycling/outdoor industry a plus.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to use multi-line phone, fax, scanner and other office equipment.
· Demonstrated work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The ability to set up product displays is required.
· The ability to use a keyboard, and to communicate orally and in writing is required.
· The ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
· Up to two weeks of travel per year.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt