Burkhart Enterprises, Inc. is currently seeking a Class A or B CDL Local Delivery Truck Driver in the Knoxville, TN, area.
You will be home on weekends and frequently you will also be home during the week.
As a Burkhart Enterprises truck driver, you will drive within a 500-mile radius of Knoxville.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of truck driving experience
• Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order. • Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods. • Inspect loads to make sure cargo is secure. • Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations. • Control operations of equipment or systems. • Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators in order to confirm a machine is working properly.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits. • Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions. • Managing one's own time and the time of others. • Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. • Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
About us: Burkhart Enterprises, Inc. is a third generation company that has diligently continued to improve and expand its business over the past six decades. Truck transportation is a major operation at Burkhart Enterprises. This part of organization supports all our other operations & brings them together as a cohesive process.
Our operations include: • A loading & unloading facility. • A rail facility with 2000′ Rail, bottom dump pit, 32 car capacity. • Privately-owned river port where loaded barges are off loaded using two large excavators equipped with clamshell buckets. • A 1250 Komatsu & 1000 Komatsu. • A 100 ton Northwest crane is also available for more heavy lifting. • Various other equipment such as loaders, tandem trucks & fork lifts augment the barging operation.
Our equipment includes: • Late model Mack tractors • Aluminum flatbed trailers • Aluminum dump trailers • Pneumatic tankers
The benefits of working with us include: • Excellent pay • Safety bonus • Longevity bonus • High driver retention rate