Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Burke & Herbert Bank is a growing financial services company focused on making meaningful investments in our clients, employees, and shareholders. Established in 1852, we are proud to be the oldest bank in the Washington, D.C. region. We have a long, successful track record of serving generations of individuals, families and businesses across the area and are deeply invested in the welfare and prosperity of the people who live here.
To help us attract the best and brightest individuals, we offer outstanding benefits including:
• Competitive compensation package
• Excellent family medical, dental, vision, and other insurance benefits
• Generous PTO & Holidays
• Work/Life Balance Initiatives
• 401k with Employer Match
• Educational Assistance
We are seeking a talented Senior TA Specialist to run our recruiting process.
Partners with hiring managers to fill open positions through the talent acquisition process. Plans, develops and implements entire talent acquisition lifecycle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops hiring strategies to source top talent.
- Identifies and cultivates recruiting sources to staff open positions
- Conducts talent acquisition efforts for all positions.
- Manages hiring process by coordinating job postings on website, screening candidates, conducting interviews, and closing on selections.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Conducts required background screening and reference checks.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by initiating employee status changes. Manages outreach efforts.
- Tracks, maintains, and reports talent acquisition metrics.
- Maintains applicant-tracking system.
- Manages employee referral program.
- Partners with Benefits Specialist to conduct new team member orientation and ensure accurate and effective on boarding.
- Coordinates and schedules interviews.
- Administers team member parking and quarterly “Meet & Greets” for new team members.
- Reports team member changes (e.g., new hires, promotions, transfers, departing team members).
- Complies with all policies and procedures as applied to the Bank's BSA/AML policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of talent acquisition and human resources administration.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, information, and documentation.
- Requires strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
Education and Experience
- Requires at least five years of responsible experience in talent acquisition. Talent acquisition experience in the banking industry is highly desirable.
- Strong ATS experience required. Experience with ADP highly desirable.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or a related field), or the equivalent amount of additional experience in talent acquisition and/or human resources.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, to include the ability to learn new software applications with ease.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office setting, the opportunity to telework is not available. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets. This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Limited local travel may be required for this position.
Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust
BusinessView all jobs at Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust