Relationship Banker- Annandale Branch
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Burke & Herbert Bank is a growing financial services company focused on making meaningful investments in our clients, employees, and shareholders. Established in 1852, we are proud to be the oldest bank in the Washington, D.C. region. We have a long, successful track record of serving generations of individuals, families and businesses across the area and are deeply invested in the welfare and prosperity of the people who live here.
To help us attract the best and brightest individuals, we offer outstanding benefits including:
• Competitive compensation package
• Excellent family medical, dental, vision, and other insurance benefits
• Generous PTO & Holidays
• Work/Life Balance Initiatives
• 401k with Employer Match
• Educational Assistance
Under the direction of Branch Management, performs a variety of duties related to all phases of the branch platform to include teller work; receiving and handling of deposits, checks and payments. Responsible for greeting customers and establish professional, friendly rapport, playing a lead role in identifying and meeting their financial needs. Utilizing our Big Picture Conversation process, establishing new relationships and deepening existing customer relationships through a needs-based selling approach. After gaining customer agreement; open accounts, take loan/line of credit applications, and make referrals to product line specialists (e.g., mortgage, wealth management, business banking) when appropriate. In this important customer-facing role, serve as a demonstration of the Bank’s “At Your Service” Brand Promise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives and handles deposits of all types, ensuring proper endorsement on negotiable instruments within these deposits.
- Adheres at all times to the “check cashing policy” and “limitation of authority policy”.
- Issues cashiers’ checks and redeems Savings Bonds.
- Reconciles cash and transactions each day to within the “teller difference standards” and reports results through submission of teller daily balance sheet.
- Maintains proper amounts of currency and coin in drawer or the TCR.
- Reports teller differences to the manager. Accurately documents these differences.
- Monitors and controls all “detail responsibilities” generally performed by tellers, delegating those duties in a manner that will maximize the efficiency of the office.
- Ensures that the appearance of the teller area and personnel is neat, organized and in accordance with Bank policy.
- Allows customer access to the safe deposit box.
- Introducing customers to the features and benefits of the Bank’s products and services.
- Educating customers on using self-service banking solutions including, ATMs, online banking, and mobile banking to enhance their banking experience.
- Using in-branch merchandising and other tools to engage customers/prospects in conversations.
- Actively supporting branch goal achievement by participating in branch sales activities including Lobby Leadership, Sales Huddles, Sales Meetings, and New Customer Onboarding.
- Providing account maintenance (e.g., adding/removing account signers, issuing replacement debit cards) for customers in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
- Processing requests accurately.
- Assisting branch team in meeting all branch operational and compliance standards.
- Answering customer questions/providing information to meet customer needs.
- Sells and/or refers Bank’s products and services to customers and prospects.
- Establish new account relationships.
- Strong customer service and sales skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with the public.
- Good math skills and must be able to perform accurate work.
- Understand security issues involving money and checks preferred.
- Good comfort level with handling US cash.
- Must have the ability to give and accept instructions and the desire to oversee and assist others.
- Ability to handle and count money accurately under time pressure.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Sales and customer service experience required.
- One year of customer service experience required.
- US currency cash handling preferred.
- Microsoft Office and Internet Skills required.
- A minimum of one year of branch banking experience required.
- A general knowledge of branch servicing and operations preferred.
Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust