Deposit Services Specialist II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Burke & Herbert Bank is a growing financial services company focused on making meaningful investments in our clients, employees, and shareholders. Established in 1852, we are proud to be the oldest bank in the Washington, D.C. region. We have a long, successful track record of serving generations of individuals, families and businesses across the area and are deeply invested in the welfare and prosperity of the people who live here.
To help us attract the best and brightest individuals, we offer outstanding benefits including:
• Competitive compensation package
• Excellent family medical, dental, vision, and other insurance benefits
• Generous PTO & Holidays
• Work/Life Balance Initiatives
• 401k with Employer Match
• Educational Assistance
Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of complex operations functions in support of departmental and Bank goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will serve as lead on the annual Escheatment process.
- Works closely with branches and other departments to identify and resolve operational questions.
- Answers and conducts internal and external calls, works closely with internal and external customers.
- Performs complex account and CIF related updates/maintenance, research, tracking and reporting using a variety of Core system applications, other software and resources.
- Reviews and responds to email inquiries.
- Assists with implementing procedures.
- Stays informed of relevant compliance laws and regulations. Helps to ensure processes and procedures adhere to compliance laws and regulations by various states.
- Responsible for various daily, monthly, yearly and seasonal processes.
Answers internal and external phone calls within the Deposit Services department.
Serves as back-up for other areas in Deposit Services.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for complying with department procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Bank’s products and services, account titling standards, and documentation requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on telephone and email communications.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient with a variety of server and/or PC based software systems, and in the use of all types of standard office equipment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently as required and be comfortable working without direct supervision.
- Must have demonstrated the use of effective time management by meeting productivity standards, and by completing work in a timely manner.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with strong data entry skills.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent with some college preferred.
- A minimum of three years banking industry or other relevant experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and opening cabinets. This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Travel may be required for this position.
Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust
BusinessView all jobs at Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust