All applicants applying under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) will need to select that they have a special hiring authority in eligibility question 23 and state LMWFA as the authority in question 24.
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Wyoming Area Office, Administrative Services Division, Support Services Branch, Mills, Wyoming.
For living conditions go to: https://www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/livingconditions.pdf
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
- Maintains grounds, parking lots, sidewalks, and lawns through repair, painting, mowing, weeding, removing trash, and spraying chemicals.
- Performs maintenance, installation, and repair tasks on buildings and facilities using skills in carpentry, HVAC, masonry, painting, plumbing, and light equipment operation.
- Makes keys and maintains locks.
- Maintains all tools, equipment, and materials used to carry out assigned work in a safe manner.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizens and Nationals.You MUST pass a pre-employment physical.
- This position is subject to pre-employment background investigation.
- You must submit a resume and supporting documentation (see How To Apply).
- You must meet job elements specific to this position (see Qualifications).
- For veteran's consideration, submit document(s) under Required Documents.
- Current/former Federal employees must submit an SF-50.
You must meet all qualification requirements and any selective placement factors by the closing date of this announcement.
Minimum qualifications for trades and labor positions are determined by evaluation of job elements. You must meet at least 2 points on the screen-out element(s) and obtain an average of at least 2 points on all of the job elements in order to be considered qualified for this position.
Applicants will be further evaluated on the following Job Elements through your resume and responses to the online questions.
- Ability to do the work of a building repairman without more than normal supervision (Screen-out).
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, specifications, blueprints, and drawings.
- Safety and safe clearance procedures.
- Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
- At Government expense, the applicant selected will be required to complete and successfully pass a pre-employment physical.
- Operation of a Government vehicle is required; therefore, a valid State driver's license is required. Driving record will be verified prior to final selection.
- Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. For more information visit: https://www.sss.gov/
- Equal Employment Opportunity: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Human Resources (HR) will review resumes and supporting document(s) to ensure applicants meet the basic qualification requirements. HR will evaluate each application that meets the basic qualifications on the information provided in the assessment questionnaire. The assessment questionnaire will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Applicants determined best qualified will be referred to the selecting official.
Applicants' answers to questions will be verified against information provided in their online resumes. Be sure that the resume clearly supports the response to all the questions by addressing experience, education and/or training relevant to this position. Applicants must make a fair and accurate assessment of their qualifications. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is apparent in your description of experience, competencies, skills, and/or education/training OR that your resume/application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to submit a resume (with dates of employment, i.e. years and months), an on-line assessment questionnaire, and the following supporting documents, as appropriate:
- SF-50, NOTIFICATION OF PERSONNEL ACTION: Status applicants (transfer, reassignment, reinstatement, promotion, etc.) MUST submit a copy of their SF-50, verifying all of the following: highest rate of pay held, the full performance grade level obtained, and documenting career or career-conditional status in the competitive service (Tenure 1 or 2) for which you are claiming eligibility. This could result in more than one SF-50 to be submitted.DO NOT SUBMIT AN AWARD SF-50.FAILURE TO SUBMIT AN SF-50 VERIFYING STATUS WILL RESULT IN THE APPLICANT NOT BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) Eligibles: If you are a current or former land management agency appointee eligible for this special appointing authority- you must provide documentation to verify eligibility as follows:
b) A copy of SF-50(s), Notification of Personnel Action(s), that reflect having served under one (1) or more time-limited (temporary/term) appointments by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of two (2) or more years; and
c) A copy of your Performance Appraisal Plan and/or Supervisor Memorandum that reflects having performed at an acceptable level during each period of service.
For more information on LMWFA, visit: https://chcoc.gov/content/implementing-policy-guidance-land-management-workforce-flexibility-act.
- CTAP/ICTAP: Provides placement assistance to permanent Federal employees who are surplus, displaced or involuntarily separated. Applicants claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit a copy of their most recent performance appraisal, documentation of eligibility and most current SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location with their application. To be considered under CTAP/ICTAP, applicants must be well-qualified, i.e. meet the minimum qualification requirements, including selective placement factors, education and experience requirements and score at least 85 on the assessment questionnaire as established, and be able to perform the duties of the position upon entry. For information on CTAP/ICTAP, visit: https://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career wi