About our Company:
Life gathers around water in Texas, and Hotel Magdalena honors our spring-fed culture and the community that grows near it. The design of the 89-room hotel honors the local lake house ethos of the 1970’s, situated amongst rolling grounds and natural beauty inspired by Texas. The Magdalena will also be home to a restaurant and poolside bar, and several other spaces for hosting events and hanging out. The hotel will open in Fall 2020 on Music Lane just off South Congress.
Hotel Magdalena is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
A Front Desk Agent will exceed the expectations of all Bunkhouse guests in a multitude of tasks that include, but are not limited to, telephone operations, checking guests in and out, taking reservations, inventory control and concierge services. The concierge services may include the following: transportation, dining reservations, floral requests, amenity requests, grocery shopping, tee times, spa services, hiking, children’s programs, babysitting, water recreation, tennis, golf instruction, biking, goods offered (i.e. beverages, VIP packages, in-room amenities), special events and other areas as needed.
We’re looking for someone with:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree preferred
• Six (6) months related experience in hospitality or service industry
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of co-workers and sister property staff
• Ability to create documents in Excel and Word
• Ability to understand other computer programs (i.e. Property Management System)
• Ability to apply concepts of math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and algebra, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
• Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
• Complete all shift checklist items
• Check in and out all hotel guests in a confident, professional and personalized manner
• Take hotel reservations accurately and efficiently
• Assist in the development and implementation of special projects
• Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
• Maintain a positive relationship with all employees and guests
• Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
• Maintain an accurate log of guest calls for assistance or complaints, and ensure completion of all items
• Open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and room charge transactions during all shifts
• Maintain accuracy with all accounting and billing procedures
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of hotel availability and current rates and/or special events (which may have an impact on occupancy and availability)
• Issue guest safety deposit boxes as requested
• Possess fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, amenities and directions
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse pays competitive wages and offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
• Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
• Short Term Disability coverage
• Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
• Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
• 401k with company matching
• Employee Discounts
Bunkhouse Core Values:
• BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
• CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
• BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
• EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
• LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
Please apply directly at www.bunkhousegroup.com/careers