- $110,000 to $137,800 Yearly
Bulls Eye Recruiting is actively seeking a Marine Structural Engineer with 4 to 8 years of experience. You may be seated in either our: Long Beach, Costa Mesa, or Ontario, CA office(s). The candidate will be capable to deliver engineering, planning, design, analysis, and construction service activities for waterfront, port, and maritime infrastructure projects. You will be responsible to coordinate with senior engineers and senior managers to produce calculations, reports, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and other deliverables as necessary to support large and complex projects. As part of the Norfolk team, you will work on major infrastructure programs/projects.
Our client is a leading U.S.-based global infrastructure advisor specializing in the planning and design of facilities that shape and serve our coastlines, harbors and rivers, as well as an innovator in the transportation complexities associated with the movement of freight. The firm is currently ranked Engineering News Record #1 for Marine & Port Facilities and Top 20 for Transportation.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assistant Lead Structural/Design Management responsibilities to include assisting with proposal development, project set-up, team building, quality management, schedule/progress tracking, responsive client communications, meeting minutes, and coordination of subconsultant efforts and field programs
- Attend, participate, and/or lead client meetings (both virtual and in-person at commercial, municipal, and Federal/DOD locations as permitted) including development of meeting minutes
- Lead the development of structural analysis, modeling, capacity calculations and calculation reports
- Lead the design and detailing for waterfront structures consisting of concrete, steel, timber, etc. Projects may consist of:
- NAVFAC Pacific SIOP projects including dry docks, caissons, and industrial buildings
- Offshore wind ports and pier facilities
- Vessel mooring and berthing structures
- Piers, wharves, bulkheads and marinas
- Breakwaters and shore protection and resiliency structures
- Perform field investigations, periodic site visits and inspections of existing conditions and construction quality assurance (verify that work complies with contract documents)
- Assist the designer of record (DOR) with construction support services including initial review of Submittals, Requests for Information, Change Order Requests, etc.
- Inspect and perform r repair designs for waterfront structures
- Mentor junior-level structural engineering staff and interns
- Contribute to the implementation of quality control and quality assurance on projects
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Master's (preferred) or Bachelor's degree (required) in Structural Engineering or in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis
- Professional Engineer license in CA or ability to obtain PE in CA through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
- 4 to 8 years of experience designing a wide range of waterfront structural projects (required)
- NAVFAC waterfront project experience preferred but not required
- Eligibility to successfully pass background check to secure Department of Defense DBIDS card and other badges required by clients
- Due to client parameters, selected candidate must show (post offer) proof of U.S. citizenship and clear results of a thorough background check that may include but is not limited to credit and criminal history
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete and pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check in compliance with NIST 800-171
Base Salary Range:
- $110,000 to $137,800 based on years of experience, level of education obtained, professional registration, and meeting required qualification in job description.
- Base salary range only applicable for candidates who will be hired and working in California
This position works primarily in an office setting; some client and field visits and occasional out-of-state travel.
Majority of work is office based. Some site visits may be required which may necessitate navigating unpaved or natural terrain while carrying equipment. Some occasional travel may be required.
Bulls Eye RecruitingCosta Mesa, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.