Book- Keeper/ Payroll/ Accounting AR AP
The book keeping ( AR AP - payrolling) is about 25-30 hrs week. We are considering this PT.
For the right person we will consider FT ( for someone willing to jump in and help with office admin/customer service or assist the CEO and President on projects unrelated to book keeping).
We are a smaller organization based in Austin Texas, we operate (several) boutique style firms specializing in the construction industry, we have an office in Austin and a satellite office in Dallas . . We love what we do and desire to hire someone with simple straightforward approach: Love what you do; do it well and work to get it done ! ! We just want the right person to apply who does not require: a large corporate world environment ( that's not us) . Our industry and our business in general pushes all of us to excel, exceed expectations and improve ourselves personally and professionally every week. If we have not scared you away yet, then read on:
We are seeking at energetic, forward thinking, accountable, articulate, masterful book-keeper whose knowledge of Quick Books and accounting is only surpassed by your ATTENTION TO DETAIL, METICULOUS RECORD KEEPING, ABLE TO PRIORITIZE AND COMPLETE TASKS UNDER DEADLINES and KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH PAYROLL, TAX PAYMENTS ( IRS REGS) AND AR AP DUTIES , bank & CC reconciliations etc. ( and we would love it if you have a personality to boot!) Gets along well with others and does not just want to shut yourself away at a computer looking at numbers all day.. Sound like a fit, well keep reading....
We seek someone with experience working for firms with a minimum of $3-7M in revenue combined ( preferred) , and experience in payroll generating 50-75 payroll checks weekly ( ability to grow with us is ideal). WE ARE GROWING SO YOUR ABILITIES MUST MATCH OUR GROWTH NEEDS AS WELL. Ideally someone who is well versed in staying organized when operating and working with several Quick books files ( multiple companies). Must be well versed in IRS reg's as it pertains to IRS payments ( reporting and deadlines, But that's not all, we also have a very productive AR with weekly invoices generated from payroll. ABility to reconcile the invoices to the payroll, administer checks and balances and again attention to detail: Payroll experience and invoicing experience is a must ( doing weekly payroll, invoicing ) and generating P&L reports for mgmt weekly. The ideal person has a robust knowledge of Quick books, preferably is a Quick books master ( or QB Advisor) and loves numbers & everything pertaining to book keeping - records mgmt and keeping a company in tip top shape! Successful, stable work history with references will be required.
Other duties can and will include, working with the CEO to help manage and maintaining the companies records, certifications, filing, reports, general other office mgmt functions that the owner might need from time to time.
About us: What can we say, you just have to meet us to know us. We are in SE AUSTIN ( think ABIA area); smaller family style environment ( but we are not really related biologically) , christian based firm, operating out of a converted 1940s East Austin house. We are growing and would love someone who is excited about being a key partner in our growing plans! We have a somewhat flexible schedule but MONDAYS are payroll days! This ideally is a 1/2 - 3/4 time job as we dont really have the need for a FULL TIME book keeper as of yet, but we could entertain FT hours for the right person.
** Benefits are typical for a smaller boutique firm:
- Hrly pay ( weekly) - FLEX schedule for PT role ( mondays would be required for now)
- Semi flex hours ( monday and wednesday are musts for right now)
- SEP Retirement ( after 2 yrs of FT employment) * once position turns into FULL TIME
- Health Insurance ( if position grows into FT position)
- Know your work has a purpose and a feel good benefit
What you bring:
- QUICKbooks Pro experience
- Managing 3-7M and up budgets & accounting needed
- Experience working in several chart of accounts / several operating companies
- expert FULL CHARGE booking duties and experience
- AP AR ( able to do collections calls
- Exp doing Liens; placing mechanics liens etc ( ideal)
- Self directed organized - efficient
- works well alone or with little guidance ( works well under pressure and with deadlines)
- FIGURE IT OUT ( good at finding solutions and meeting needs)
- Producing P&L - cash flow statements and other reporting as needed
- Experience with payrolling systems ( exp with managing or implementing new softwares and change overs)
- Wants to work in S AUSTIN area
Please submit a RESUME AND COVER LETTER for consideration of this position