Outside Sales Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $150,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Outside Sales: Great Pay, Profit Sharing Opportunity up to 10%, Company Vehicle, Employee Discount on Building Materials
Job Location: Kansas City general area
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking to fill an Outside Sales position to help us increase our sales revenues through new business development and client acquisition in the Kansas City greater area. This is a hunter role with excellent growth and rewards for successful execution!
In this role, we seek outstanding organizational and sales skills. We expect you to be an excellent communicator who understands customer needs and can assist them in overcoming challenges.
Applicant must operate with a high level of integrity and ethics. Nothing is more important than honest, positive communication with customers and team members.
The pay opportunity in this territory is base + uncapped commission model with clear path to a six-figure yearly income.
This is a brand-new territory for our organization with a wide-open market ripe for growth with the right individual. Overall footprint growth is the goal!
Ultimately, you will ensure our clients are happy and search for ways to grow our sales.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify new opportunities new customer base including lumber dealers, co-ops and other distribution channels.
- Build business relationship with customer base to become their trusted industry expert.
- Quick response to calls, questions, and customer complaints with prompt follow through.
- Partner with management team and inside sales to provide product, program, and pricing strategies for customers.
- Educate customers on new products or lines of current products.
- Monitor competition by gathering market info on pricing, products, logistics and programs.
- Travel expectations: face to face with customers 75% of the time. This position will be home most nights.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A proven track record of sales success with a background in building materials is preferred.
- Passion for sales, outgoing, and comfortable working independently and with an inside sales team.
- Strategic mindset is required
- Able to separate themselves in frustrating situations and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Excel in customer service; have a friendly and positive attitude.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a very fast-paced sales environment.
- Computer experience and math skills required
- A hunter mindset interested in area growth
The Company: BPI is a family-owned wholesale distributor based in the Upper Midwest and servicing for over 60 years. Our employees are empowered to make a difference in a positive friendly environment based on our four main values: Leadership, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork. Joining the BPI team will set you on a career path with a dynamic company with long-term growth potential.
We are BPI; we do more than just selling, we make a difference by providing outstanding customer service while utilizing cutting edge technology in a positive, friendly environment. Our company looks for people who can grow, think, and build with us. Our culture thrives by surrounding ourselves with diverse backgrounds and rewarding those who go above and beyond. At BPI, it’s about each person bringing their unique skills and passion to a challenging, exciting, and rewarding career.
BPI Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(K) and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Company Vehicle
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount on Building Materials
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work Life Balance
- Family-Oriented Culture and Environment
Building Products Inc.Why Work Here?
Our employees set BPI apart by providing outstanding customer service and utilizing cutting edge technology in a positive environment.
BPI is an independently owned wholesale distributor that has been servicing the Upper Midwest for over 60 years. Our employees are empowered to make a difference in a positive friendly environment based on our four main values: Leadership, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork. Joining the BPI team will set you on a career path with a dynamic company with long-term growth for employees within the company.
AddressKansas City, KS